Managerzone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managerzone

I feel guilty for posting here because it seems like there should be a better place. If I've missed that better place, I ask you for forgiveness beforehand.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone here was interested in playing managerzone (www.managerzone.com). I've been playing for a couple of years now, and it involves a lot of tactical acumen.

I don't work for them or anything, so I don't want to sound like an ad, but basically it's a football/soccer manager game. It's really popular in a few countries (Sweden, China, Argentina, Brazil, Poland, for example), but the US only has about 5,000 members.

Anyway, it requires very little knowledge of "real" soccer. I haven't played soccer since I was 8, and I've done just fine. It does, however, involve a lot of strategic and tactical thinking in order to succeed.

I will issue this one warning: it's a game that involves a lot of patience. Your team will take a long time to grow into something that can really compete with the upper levels of the game. fortunately there is some immediate gratification as you play mostly against people near your skill level, but still. It's a game of patience that can take a year or two to pay off. But speaking from experience, this is what makes the game so rewarding.

anyway, take a look at the soccer version (the hockey doesn't have many players). If you decide to try it out, give me a PM and I'll give you some pointers that I wish I had had way back in the day.
    Last edited by Zoraster; 02-18-2007, 01:43 PM.

Re: Managerzone

a ")" managed to sneak into your link.

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01 View Post
      a ")" managed to sneak into your link.
      cheers. it's been edited

Comment

I've had a team on xperteleven.com for three seasons now.
        Yep, it takes time. Each season is 16 weeks I think.
        It's quite fun.

This is my team btw.
        Since I play in a swedish league, my press releases are in swedish.
        Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

i played xperteleven.com for a little, but it really lacks the tactical element of managerzone, and it never felt quite as competitive to me.

I far prefer managerzone to xperteleven and MZ's main competitor hattrick.org

anyway, i'd urge anyone interested to check managerzone out. if this sort of game appeals to you, then i doubt you'll be disapppointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoraster View Post
            i played xperteleven.com for a little, but it really lacks the tactical element of managerzone, and it never felt quite as competitive to me.

I far prefer managerzone to xperteleven and MZ's main competitor hattrick.org

anyway, i'd urge anyone interested to check managerzone out. if this sort of game appeals to you, then i doubt you'll be disapppointed.
            True, it's more simplistic. But I've already spent too much time on this team to give it up for a new, and I'm not interested in having more than one. Not now anyway.
            If I had known about MZ or hattrick when I signed up on xperteleven I'd chosen one of them instead, I might get a team there later on though...
            Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

if you're looking for success, i'd start an MZ team now and check it maybe once every couple of weeks just so that you're active. that way you can amass a little money for when you actually want to start playing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X