Star Trek Remastered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek Remastered

I did a search for this but didn't turn anything up. Apologies if it has been covered already.

For those of you who are fans of the original (1960s) Star Trek, CBS Digital has undertaken the effort of updating the special effects for the show in anticipation of its release on High Definition DVD. The first season of the show is scheduled to be released at the end of this year.

I've caught a few episodes on TV so far, and I think they look great. Learn further details at TrekMovie.com; you can view screenshots and video captures of the new special effects to see how they look. The first couple of shows were a bit unpolished, but the CBS Digital team has improved with each episode. Check out these screenshots and video from The Doomsday Machine to see for yourself.

Re: Star Trek Remastered

Nice!!! I like STO pretty well, though I grew up on TNG, but the cheesy special effects always turned me off pretty much. However, that remastering looks really good!

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Yeah, they've been showing the remastered ones on TV for a while now. It's nice to see them all pretty and cleaned up; certainly improves the viewing experience. They really keep the flavor of the original episodes, too; it's not like they replaced everything with shiny silver doodads or something.

Comment

Yeah, I think the first remastered episode aired in September of last year (2006). I believe they expect about a two-year run to get all the episodes remastered.

Comment

Dang I had lots of negative comments on this "Restoration".
          I will let it go at glad they are taking the time to "restore" the "original" series.
          I hope you all get the best viewing pleasure possible and thoroughly enjoy them.

Comment

Just remember that Kirk shot first.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse