2007 TG TX BBQ/LAN Party AAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 TG TX BBQ/LAN Party AAR

Big props to SugarNCamo and Beatnik for organizing this. I had a great time and am definitely looking forward to future events!

List of participants:
    Beatnik
    SugarNCamo
    Rincewind
    Cingular_Duality
    ThePenguineer
    MasterEditorInChief
    tau_neutrino
    Leejo

We gathered at Zilker Park around noon to mingle, drink, make fun of "Leejo" :p, and enjoy the fruits of Beatnik's grilling skills. Around 5 or 6pm we went to Tek Republic (LAN center) for fun and games. While the employees there were trying to get POE2 working we checked out a few Wii games and Guitar Hero. After about 3-4 tries they got POE2 working and our squad did quite well considering Rince and Cing were totally new to POE. Best of all, I got to kill Whiskey and the rest of the 12th a few times :D

Anyhoo, that was my day in a paragraph. Sugar and Beatnik have all of the pics, hopefully they'll be adding them to this thread.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: 2007 TG TX BBQ/LAN Party AAR

Good times. Good times.

Yeah the ub3r 1337 grilling skillz weren't as 1337 as last year, but those burgers/dogs/snausages did the trick in soaking up some of the Real Ale. ;) I actually enjoyed the 2-3 hour delay in getting POE2 to work on their machines (sorry to whoever was playing in the game I restarted b/c I thought the map was the issue), since it gave me a chance to try out the Wii and Guitar Hero 2. But yeah once we got up and running we had a great time on Fallen, Dnipro, and one other map the beer has suds-ed from my memory.

I only took a couple pix, one of which was a real life teabagging of a napping Suga which will not be posted on the internets. ;)

Thanks to everyone who made it out - I was glad to be able to make it to the LAN center, and it was good to see people from last year as well as Pengie and MasterEditor. And it couldn't have been a better day for burgers, beer, and b...Guitar Hero. :D
    Beatnik

Comment

When my alarm went off on Saturday morning after only three hours of sleep, I debated going back to sleep and apologizing later. I'm so glad I didn't. Once again, I quite enjoyed myself.

The BBQ was great. TekRepublic wasn't nearly as nice as CyberJocks was, but a good time was still had. I wonder if we could swing this twice a year? Especially if we just hijacked a "pavilion" at Zilker instead of paying $60 for a stinking grill to cook on? And maybe had everyone bring their own PC and booked a small conference room at a hotel?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Waaaahhhhh! I'm so upset. I had my left side wisdom teeth ripped out yesterday and it sucked. The Vicodin I had been taking doesn't do anything for the pain. I asked them to knock me out for the procedure, so they gave me Valium, which like the Vicodin, didn't work at all. The assistant came back to check on me to see if I was drugged up yet, and I was sitting up feeling 100% sober. I just needed those suckers out, so I braved the procedure totally conscious. It took around 4 hours, because the roots were so twisted up. Worst time in my life. I was in a lot of pain. Atleast I had a great dentist who was super patient and didn't care how long it took to do the job correctly and with as little pain as possible. I'm so mad at my stupid body for deciding to give me dental problems only 2 days before the event, and getting me to cancel the day of. No dental insurance either. Stupid teeth. I'm hating life right now. Pain killers don't do crap for me. Oh well.

I think its a great idea to book the conference room at a hotel. If we know anyone who knows how to network, I'd be down. As long as I don't have some other suprise trauma. Who knows, maybe I could bring 2 computers, my Wii, and a giant cooler full of adult beverages/ballz. Please post the pics asap, so I can see what I missed out on. Although I don't know you all personally, I missed you all this weekend. I truly did. :-(

BTW: For those like me who don't have medical insurance, Costco gave me a whole bottle of prescribed antibiotics for only $5! Vicodin is $10, but I have yet to pick up the Vicodin. I think this is a similar program to Wal-Mart and Target's $5 prescription program. Great news for poor people like me.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post

I only took a couple pix, one of which was a real life teabagging of a napping Suga which will not be posted on the internets. ;)

Oh now that's just a big tease....now you HAVE to post it. :-)
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
            Big props to SugarNCamo and Beatnik for organizing this. I had a great time and am definitely looking forward to future events!

List of participants:
            Beatnik
            SugarNCamo
            Rincewind
            Cingular_Duality
            ThePenguineer
            MasterEditorInChief
            tau_neutrino
            Leejo
            You forgot the cameo appearance by our favorite Australian :madsmile:

I had a lot of fun, and was really sad that I didn't get to stay to go to the LAN center. I noticed you guys were getting on and off the PoE server while I was playing at home. At least you guys had enough to field a full squad and only go to the kill me once.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
            TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
            ||

Comment

Ttiuwp.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                Ttiuwp.
                Rincewind and Sugar were the two with cameras.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by ThePenguineer View Post
                  You forgot the cameo appearance by our favorite Australian :madsmile:
                  That's right!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Ok, I've been super busy at work making plans to drill up Cing's back yard.

I'll post my pictures later this week, I promise. :)

My AAR:

Austin was a blast this year. Even though fewer were in attendance than last, it was still a great time! Zilker was beautiful. The food was great (thanks Beatnik), the weather was awesome (thanks God), the booze was good (thanks me), and leejo wasn't too talkative (thank Go--uh, me). :D

After being driven from the Pecan Grove "Pavilion" by a guy who HAD A RECEIPT!! we left for better pastures: the Zilker Park Polo Tables. I was disappointed at the lack of horses, but there were plenty of trees to shield us from the gusty wind. It was definitely a better location than the "down by the rail yard" Pecan Grove. Another bonus of the polo tables is that leejo could find a tree to prop himself up against. He hurt his ankles standing around and posing for pictures and was in desperate need of sturdy support.

After an hour or two of talking and drinking, we loaded up on food. After the fantastic food, we scared (ok, I scared) each other with the whistle Nerf football. The football that makes you feel like a manly man! After the BBQ wrapped up MasterEditorInChief and ThePenguineer headed back to Houston to celebrate the New Year (thanks for coming you two!!!).

We headed over to Tekrepublik about 4pm. The best part about Tekrepublik: the liquor store next door. And I got to try a Wii for the first time. Leejo too! Tekrepublik wasn't as loaded as CyberJock's, but I bet they have a lower overhead, which means they'll probably be in business next year too (booo CyberJocks!). They also had a beanbag problem. They were EVERYWHERE. They also had a teen problem. They were EVERYWHERE. Both were fun to abuse :D

After a few hours of rawking out to guitar hero, getting wii-tennis elbow (damn, I would have won Tau if I could have stayed IN BOUNDS), and being utterly confused by Wario (Cing and Suga are teh winnars), we started in on some wholesome POE2. It was fun and it made me miss BF (to clarify: BattleField). I wish that my computer could run it :( We even got best squad on a couple of maps (in spite of my best efforts). Cing was a champ and drove home to south Dallas at around midnight. Holy smokes that guy can stay awake! The rest of us staggered out of TR at 1:30 AM full of gaming goodness and making plans for next time.

Thanks for the great time fellow BBQers! I look forward to the next pow-wow.

Pic's coming!

EDIT: As an incentive for Sugar to post her pics, mine will follow shortly after hers. >: )
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Where are the pics?!

Comment

lmao at everyone's posts. :D Yeah, echoing the awesomeness sentiments. I've got pictures this weekend. Not quite sure how to upload them, but I'll figure some way out. PM me if one of you guys can help me. ;)

And I totally think the twice a year deal would work if, like you said, we just squat until they come to as us FOR A RECEIPT! :p

And please.. for the love of God... don't post the teabagging picture. I was asleep for chrissakes! :p

xoxoxoxoxo
                        I heart TG.
                        xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
                          lmao at everyone's posts. :D Yeah, echoing the awesomeness sentiments. I've got pictures this weekend. Not quite sure how to upload them, but I'll figure some way out. PM me if one of you guys can help me. ;)
                          http://picasa.google.com/
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Picasa blows my mind. Uploading now.

Edit: I think this link will work now. If you can see pictures, I did it right, despite an extreme need for sleep, which I will attend to now. Nitenite :D p.s. Rince, you can post yours now.
                            Last edited by |TG|SugarNCamo; 02-24-2007, 07:01 AM.
                            I heart TG.
                            xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Nice pics, Suga. Especially the One Way pic. :p

For the record, I am much drunker than I look in that pool pic...or the other way around. Whatever. :D
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X