Early demo recording issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early demo recording issue

So I attempted to record the demo into fraps and I ended up getting some sort of weird audio compression problems.

3 megs. You'll need the DivX codec to play it.

It seems to be a discrepancy in the FPS with the audio. I am doing some research to find out more, but I'm confused in that I don't have this problem with other games. I tried to manually set my FPS lower to compensate, but that didn't help.

Re: Early demo recording issue

What version of Fraps are you using? Fraps 2.0 should record sound with the file and it will be in sync. If you're using Fraps 1.9, then I guess there's something funny going on while you're mixing the audio in. I've used VirtualDub to compress video. It also has options for mixing in and encoding audio.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I've got 2.0 and I use Lead to compress my videos. The issue stems from when I play the demo in HL and use Fraps to record it. This is before I compress it.

Plus, I swear I posted this in the NS forum. Guess not.

Comment

What resolution are you recording at? I'm not familiar with the sounds of NS so I don't know what's happening there. Is it playing back too fast or is it cutting out?

Comment

At the beginning of the demo wyz says he'll get the hive and you can see the voice box come up for him, then someone else says "nodes nodes nodes." When I record it in fraps, the sound plays so fast that it's out of sync with the video. The sound is cutting out half-way through the demo because the entire track plays itself out faster than the video portion.

I tried running the recorder at 1024x768 and 800x600. Neither helped much.

Comment

Maybe it has something to do with the HL voice support. I guess Fraps is having trouble recording the audio properly with the voice comms. Instead of trying to correct the recording process, you might have to edit the audio after to get it to play at the correct rate. GoldWave or CoolEdit should have tools to slow down playback. Or you could record the sound separately with something like MCI Recorder and sync with the video later.

Comment

I was thinking about that and it's probably the way I'd have to go. Use something to record the audio separate from fraps and use premiere to splice them back together. Not exactly the complexity I want, but it will have to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X