School Is Almost Out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Is Almost Out!

I am really happy to say I have only 4 days of school left! That means more time for me to be here! I will be AWOL in the days of June 6-11 for boot camp training for my ROTC unit. I will now be able to be free again from the trecherous educational system! HOo-RA! Peace out for now people, and cheer me on with encouragement on my Marine Corp. Boot Camp, It'l be tough!
    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
    -Murphy

Re: School Is Almost Out!

Originally posted by LegionPaulL
    I am really happy to say I have only 4 days of school left! That means more time for me to be here! I will be AWOL in the days of June 6-11 for boot camp training for my ROTC unit. I will now be able to be free again from the trecherous educational system! HOo-RA! Peace out for now people, and cheer me on with encouragement on my Marine Corp. Boot Camp, It'l be tough!
    :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf
    You talking about JROTC?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

well lucky you

officially i am not going to attend any lessons but i ahve a full set of exams comming up in june... dont expect to see me too much and if you do its because i finished an exam and have chosen to get very drunk to kill the preasure and nerves....

i expect ill have to spend alot of money on beer these next few moths.....lol

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I do that while I'm in school, already! Lol. I am enlisting in the Marine Corp. Next year in the late entry program. I am in NJROTC right now, but it's all good! I am just happy schools almost out. And dont worry DUdeMan, You'll be missed.
        -Murphy

Comment

I do that while I'm in school, already! Lol. I am enlisting in the Marine Corp. Next year in the late entry program.
          Thank you :)

Comment

Yeah, I love the Corp. I couldn't settle for anything less. Hoo-Ra! i could be an officer, but I frankly dont like officers that much. I meet with enlisted Marines alot and I prefere there ways of looking at things rather than the officers.
            -Murphy

Comment

I wish you all the best. You'll be joining the ranks of many service members of many different walks of life. Whether you're in the ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE or MARINES, you're all on the same team.

In the ARMY, we called our jobs of various types MOS's (Military Occupational Specialties) What did you join the Corps as? Job I mean.

I just hope you'll be safe bro. Best wishes and soon, welcome to the ranks of veterans!

questions? ask here at the forums as much as possible because there are alot of veterans who've served before to teach you a bit of what to expect in military life. I would be happy to help you out too.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Comment

I appreciate it man. I will try to fly helicopters or go for Force Recon, I think I have the Physical and mental mentality to do it. I played Varsity football, line man baby! I already know how to fly...sorta.

I do want to know a few things though. I could I make it through boot camp. I heard it is pretty tough and straining. I dont have to do all the most training anymore since the season ended, I think I'd have to get back into shape again, right?
                -Murphy

Comment

I already know how to fly...sorta.

Good training for flying buddy! :icon_lol:

Comment

I appreciate it man. I will try to fly helicopters or go for Force Recon, I think I have the Physical and mental mentality to do it. I played Varsity football, line man baby! I already know how to fly...sorta.

I do want to know a few things though. I could I make it through boot camp. I heard it is pretty tough and straining. I dont have to do all the most training anymore since the season ended, I think I'd have to get back into shape again, right?
                    Boot camp isn't that hard. Anyone that fits in at TacticalGamer would have no problem with the psychological portion of it. In fact, it was amusing to me to try to figure out what the Drill Instructors would do next to try and get inside the brains of some of the dumber Marine recruits. The physical portion is just a matter of guts (as is the psych portion if you're not too bright). If you can run 3 miles in 18 minutes, do 20 dead hang pullups and a hundred crunches in two minutes, then you won't have a problem as that'll give you the high score on a PFT. After three months of bootcamp, you will not have a problem passing a PFT. You're in NJROTC, so the knowledge (academics) portion of the training shouldn't be a problem. You're already familiar with the laws of war, rank structure, first aid and basic drill. You'll just have to learn the infantry stuff and a bit of Marine history if you don't already know it...

As for wanting to be a pilot or be Force Recon. I'd sit down and talk to a recruiter before you make up your mind on those things... First of all, you can't enlist to join Force Recon. They have a cadre that chooses their members from current Marines. They have tryouts that are pretty intense. I'm not sure what the requirements are to become a helo pilot, but I think a four year degree is involved... Hollywood could tell you more about helos. He was a crew chief...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

great... the kiddies will flood in everywhere... Where i work (a shop) will be flooded with the little S***s stealing stuff and causing loads of problems. The streets wont be safe either....then i get home, fire up dod/cs or aces high, and THAT TOO will be flooded with high pitched whining little s***s who Team kill and do lame S***......

wooooooopie
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                        great... the kiddies will flood in everywhere... Where i work (a shop) will be flooded with the little S***s stealing stuff and causing loads of problems. The streets wont be safe either....then i get home, fire up dod/cs or aces high, and THAT TOO will be flooded with high pitched whining little s***s who Team kill and do lame S***......

wooooooopie

not for you, college and uni students are ion study leave and ultimatly when exams are done, left, but kiddies are still locked up 9 til 4 until some time in july.

i am a pizza delivery guy part time, and trust me it isnt the kids i am worried about, i have had to give qa couple of kids a going over trying to nick my bike but the ones to worry about are always out the druggies....

as for CS school never stopped kids playing that

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                          as for CS school never stopped kids playing that
                          and my college results show that! :icon15:
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                            and my college results show that! :icon15:

lol

yep that'll do it

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I am currently sitting my first year exams, but my last one is a week on wednesday, after which I will go back to destroying my brain instead of teaching it physics.
                              Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X