Good Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Day

Hi all, I'm new to the fourms and PR 05, I been playing BF2/BFSF since it came out, except for the past 7 months when my rig was down (shorted out mobo) I just started playing 2142 a couple weeks ago.
    I came across TG in 2142's browser. I had a great experenice on the server. :)

I only been playing PR this past week. (and only on TG) I'm a total noob with it. I have squaded up with a few TGers and they all been very helpful and and told me alot of tips and other info. I'm not a very good shooter, tho I try my best at being a medic.

A little about me:
    I have a speech problem as those who I squaded with know about.
    I am a single dad with two teenagers, daughter 14, son 16. I have a couple disabilitys and can't work anymore. I am from vermont, in Burlington.
    I build our own machines, we have a mini lan and have verizon's 3mb/768Kb DSl.
    Ex Army Reserve Engineer, Combat Heavy, '78-'86, I like to blow things up :)
    My main hobby is computers, then gaming. I also like fishing and duck/goose hunting and upland bird hunting like grouse and woodcock. and I love reading! I'll read almost anything.
    My taste in music is wierd, I like tangerine dream/paul oakenfold type stuff, I do listen to almost evrything, th I lean towards the latter mostly now.

I really enjoy the server, best part is the "team play" that makes the game so much better. evryone I men thas been so helpful and understanding. exspeacily when it come to my speach.

I am making TG my home for gaming.

Edit: several TGers refered me here.
    Last edited by sgt fetterman; 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: Good Day

Welcome, fetterman! Yeah, I've definitely seen you around on the PR server lately.

Nice first post letting us know a little bit about yourself as well. Take a look around, check out some of the links in my signature and make yourself at home!

Comment

Welcome aboard Fetterman! Always nice to see new people joining the ranks. Make sure you check out all that TG has to offer. You sound like you do some pretty serious gaming (as well as blowing stuff up :D), and TG definitely has the depth to offer you. You're more than welcome to drop in on any of the servers and ask questions, we're glad to help.

Again, welcome!

Comment

thanks, I about to hop on theTG PR server, about the best thing I do in BF is die! hehe, gotten very good at that :)
        {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Hi Sgt Fetterman...welcome aboard at TG. The best place on the net for mature gaming. Feel free to jump in or ask for invite to a 1st MIP Squad. We operate using assigned kits and fire teams and welcome anyone who wants to join up and follow orders. Sounds harsh but we make it fun.

Been looking to fish the Winooski and or the Missiquoi sometime this summer. Vermont is cool. I have a teenage thingy in my house to...
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
            I have a teenage thingy in my house to...
            I was a teenage thingy once. I gave it up and upgraded to a twenty something because the manual is easier to read.

Comment

Welcome Fetterman,

Good games last night. Glad to see you stopped by the forums.

Excellent medic play by the way, a credit to the squad. As the squad's leader, I was very glad to have you on my six. Keeping the SL alive is the most important job in the squad. You literaly preserved the squads momentum on several occasions.

As far as speech goes, I think most of us think we sound funny over voip. Don't let that get to you, I know I was very conscious of the way I sounded when I started using it. I assure you, I never thought twice about your speech patterns. I was just glad to hear your dfib charging up everytime I got too brave/stupid for my own good. :icon_cool

Besides, like I told you. Everone sounds funny to someone. That's the one thing that's cool about voice comms. One minute I'm hearing an English accent, the next I'm hearing a southern drawl, a New Yorker', or someone from down under. All people I would never have met otherwise.

Come to think of it, thats one of the things that makes this place what it is.

Comment

Welcome home Fetterman! Since you're new to the game you should check out the TGU events. They have them every so often and are geared towards teaching how to play the game the TG way.

Also of course check out the server rules and SOP's. They answer a lot of questions as well.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Welcome Fetterman!
                  Sounds like we've got you snared :icon_bigg
                  Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

LOL, I just did a very long post and included a link to a M88 for you none military types and was told I needed 15 posts to do so, roflmao. now I got to repost my post. I think this is funny.

Pompa. yes, this is how I like to play. I read the Tg primer and toaly agree. I'll be around alot. I better get some sack time, been up all night watching the jetsons cartoons on dvd.

"your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect."
                    LOL how true :) pompa

Edit: opps I messed up on my sentances and I spell like crap.
                    Last edited by sgt fetterman; 02-27-2007, 05:46 AM.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Welcome to TG!
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Welcome. Glad to have you around.

Be on the look out for a TGU practice on PR.

There is tons of stuff that is differnt from vBF2.

I could use a Combat enginner in my four man A.P.C. support squad.

two Crewmen
                        one medic
                        one Combat engineer. You would get to drive the armor support truck, blow stuff up, mine map quadrants*, keep the A.P.C. up, and occasionally lend your rifle to the assault or defense squad we are supporting.

Have a good'n.

*In PR the engineer can drop up to 8 mines, they just need to keep rearming themselves because they carry two at a time.
                        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Welcome Fetterman! It was good having you in my squad on Al Basrah the other night - too bad none of our ambush setups ever amounted to much, but we still had some good fights. Hope to see you around.

Comment

I didn't know the eng had 8 mines, I only had two to lay and I was trying to figure out how to best mine that water crossing the other night on SL orders.

Bleak: Yes, to bad it was, a couple of those were good sites too. darn enemy never shows up when you want them too hehe.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X