X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Live beta open...

Just FYI:

https://connect.microsoft.com/site/s...spx?SiteID=363

I love the service for my 360, hope it's as good for the PC.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Windows Live beta open...

Just been announced that the Live service for Windows will cost the same as it does for XBox ($50/yr) (If you already have a Live account you'll be able to use that, however)

MS is gonna be hard pressed to get PC gamers to pay for what they've always gotten for free.

Comment

especially since everyone can use a host of other products that are free.

I think if they're smart they will make a free version.

They are calling this Games for Windows - Live. A bit different possibly to just windows live.

- -

Comment

Well, it just may be worth it if they can get it to work as well as the X-Box Live service. I HATE the ingame BF2/BF2142 browsers. It always takes me a while to get onto a game because the browser will show a server that has a few slots left, I try joining, then it boots me out saying the server's full. If Windows Live can just throw me into a BF2 game, like BF Modern Combat on 360, it'd be worth my $5 a month. It will be worth it if it's capable of working for ALL online PC games. If it's only for MS games, then nevermind.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Pretty excited for live for windows, since I'm both a 360 gamer, and a PC gamer. Should work out pretty well.

Comment

Just an update on this, MS announced that playing on PC only servers won't require a Gold Live account. Good decision on their parts, seems pretty reasonable. (So long as they don't restrict voice chat, etc)

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US...AboutLive.aspx

Halo 2 is also coming May 8. It's Shadowrun that looks interesting to me, however.

Comment

How'd you find out about halo 2? The bungie site says halo 2 for PC (specifically vista...sorry XP users :( ) is still TBA as far as a release date goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                How'd you find out about halo 2? The bungie site says halo 2 for PC (specifically vista...sorry XP users :( ) is still TBA as far as a release date goes.
                Its Games for Windows page says May 8, and I'd wager a bet that Bungie isn't directly involved in the port, which may be why they don't know when its coming out :p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X