Lunar eclipse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar eclipse

Who's planning on going out to at least take a gander at it? I'm trying to get my kid hyped over it, but he's more interested in playing games on the laptop...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Lunar eclipse

Make your kid go look at it. He'll thank you later.

I plan on looking for it.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I can't look at it...too much cloud cover. :(
      | | |

Comment

Wasn't much to see by the time it rose here. Dark snuck up on me. My wife had to point out that it was visible through our foyer windows.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
          Wasn't much to see by the time it rose here. Dark snuck up on me. My wife had to point out that it was visible through our foyer windows.
          We went out to look at it. My kid said, "Cool." and went back inside to clean his room. <shrug>

My kid is weird.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Sounds normal enough to me.

Comment

I dunno... Maybe I was a bad kid, then. When I was his age, I would've done just about anything to get out of doing chores like cleaning my room. Even stood out in the backyard to look at some dumb moon...

As a parent, I am so very, very lucky.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Oh. I thought you thought it weird that his interest in the moon wasn't longer. Yeah, the "gotta leave so I can go clean my room" angle definitely puts your kid in the freak category.

Comment

Couldn't have had a better night for it, not a cloud in the sky. I fell asleep before it came out the other side though...
                  |TG| Lorian
                  Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

I missed it. I was stuck in the woods fighting a wildland fire so the trees obstructed the whole thing. Luckily there is another one in August:

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/OH2007.html
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

best image of 20 long exposures taken from Great Yarmouth, England. all the rest was even more blurry / double images due to very bad tripod lol.
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

The wife and I sat at an outdoor cafe in the Trocodero and watched the moon disappear just over the Eiffel Tower. When about 1/3 of the moon was dark the clouds came back and that was all we saw, but all in all I'd have to give the eclipse a big Thumbs Up. :icon14:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X