Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they read it?

http://didtheyreadit.com/

This is a service that offers to track all of your emails, telling you instantly when someone opens your message, how long they had the message open, who it gets forwarded to, how long they take to read it, and what the geographic location of the readers are. The site says that there's no way for the reader to know that an email is being tracked and that it'll work with web accounts (yahoo and hotmail) as well as corporate (even MS Exchange) email systems.

$50 for a year of this service. Sounds interesting to me. It would be fun just to track some of those emails that you know gets forwarded on and on and on... And to track those emails that you don't particularly want forwarded (at work especially...).

Here's the real question: When is a competing service going to offer didtheyreadit blocking?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Did they read it?

Originally posted by CingularDuality
    http://didtheyreadit.com/

This is a service that offers to track all of your emails, telling you instantly when someone opens your message, how long they had the message open, who it gets forwarded to, how long they take to read it, and what the geographic location of the readers are. The site says that there's no way for the reader to know that an email is being tracked and that it'll work with web accounts (yahoo and hotmail) as well as corporate (even MS Exchange) email systems.

$50 for a year of this service. Sounds interesting to me. It would be fun just to track some of those emails that you know gets forwarded on and on and on... And to track those emails that you don't particularly want forwarded (at work especially...).

Here's the real question: When is a competing service going to offer didtheyreadit blocking?
    It's pretty easy if you don't use Outlook.. E-mail tracking is often done with a small transparent graphic (or sometimes it's a pretty obvious graphic) that is tagged with a UID. When an e-mail is opened, the graphic is displayed called via it's UID and then someone knows the message has been read.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I wonder how it works with webmail accounts. I know my yahoo account has an option not to show graphics. If tracking is done that way, it's probably not able to track all webmail accounts.

Apo... how is it easy if you don't use outlook?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
        I wonder how it works with webmail accounts. I know my yahoo account has an option not to show graphics. If tracking is done that way, it's probably not able to track all webmail accounts.

Apo... how is it easy if you don't use outlook?
        I use Eudora Pro.. I've used it for at least the past 10 years. I fully disable all HTML, image display and any other "active" email content. E-mail for me is a text-only affair, it's what i've always done and still prefer to this day.

Outlook is a POS mail client in my opinion. It tries to do too much. I refer to Outlook as the "Microsoft Virus Vulnerability Package". I mean, why the hell does your mail reader need to run scripts?!? :-)

I also bottom-post in USENET.... ;-)
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
          I use Eudora Pro.. I've used it for at least the past 10 years. I fully disable all HTML, image display and any other "active" email content. E-mail for me is a text-only affair, it's what i've always done and still prefer to this day.
          I wonder if that'll keep this service from working... I don't see how it could work if you're doing text only. Mind if I send you a few emails from a test account?
          I also bottom-post in USENET.... ;-)
          Only dummies top post...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Apo- Why you ask? probably because snerds unlike you and I, like to get "flashy" emails with bells and whistles. the problem is, these outlook apps get wilder in adding new tricks and toys that POS virus makers use these features to manipulate our PC's and worm thier way into our systems to damage or steal important info on our harddrives. Why can't MS get off thier butts and ask a user if 1.) will this pc have to use the unimportant background services of more sophisticated power users? then turn off services we most don't even need anyway.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Comment

Here is an article on the utility.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement