[HELP] Professional Recovery Services & Credit Solutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Professional Recovery Services & Credit Solutions

I recently received a call (they actually called my WORK, not my personal phone) from the Professional Recovery Services and was told I owed a balance of $583.64 on a past due credit card payment, and that if I didn't pay by tomorrow it would hit my credit score, but it had not hit my credit AT ALL yet. They could only offer me VERY little information, just that the card was taken out in MY name and that it was done back in September of 2006, and that it has not had a single payment on it. At first I FREAKED out. I don't own that credit card, I only have one, and it's limit is only $300 =/. Anyway, I told them it was fraudulent and they directed me to the Credit Solutions, who were no help either. Neither could provide me with the information such as, where the card was gotten except that it was through a Bank of Delaware, but not in Delaware, where it was used, or what it was used for. I decided to call the Credit Bureau and request a fraudulent credit card forms, they said it would take roughly 14 business days. The more I thought about it, the less sense it made. I haven't received any phone calls or bill until now. As far as I know NO Credit Card company would let a debt go unpaid for 7 months without contacting me as they had. Anyway, down to the point, can anyone offer me some advice? Or has anyone dealt with these people. To me, it sounds like a scam.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: [HELP] Professional Recovery Services & Credit Solutions

Apophis would probably be your best bet for reliable info. I know he is invovled in the credit card information business in some fashion. I would PM this information and ask if he can help you and if he can I am sure he will get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck hope it all works out for you.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, seeing as they wanted a fast payment (giving you little time to think about what you were doing) and no actual bill in the mail has been recieved for the charges (or has it?), I would guess it's a fraud. If it really was your card, then you should have been able to see what charges you had supposedly placed on it and there would be no need for privacy.

Just my view of the situation, don't go about risking $580 and a credit score deduction on my opinion only. I may be completely wrong, just how I logically see this.

Comment

Doncha hate how fraudulent punks can get more than you can with your own credit? One of my wife's co-workers drives around a little Hyundai Accent (maybe a $10000 car) because that's what she could afford and that's all she could get approved for. Last year, someone bought a NEW $35,000 Infiniti from a dealership using her information. And ofcourse she didn't find out about it until the bank came to her wanting their money. It's sad that fraud is so easy to commit.

Have you checked the credit beureau to see if you even have an account with this supposed company? I have heard of scams where people call random people demanding money in this very same fashion. Some people freak out and pay up, even though it's not legitimate. So don't give them a dime until you can get some real explanations. Even if you have always made payments, and everything is in good standings, the companies make monthly reports about your accounts to the credit agencies. So I would get a credit report pulled so you can see what's going on. It's free to do once a year from all three of the main agencies and will take you just a couple minutes to do over the internet. If you have no account, then you know it's all bogus.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I requested all my credit information with the automated system, hence why it said it would take me about 2 weeks or so. It REALLY sounds like fraud to me, but I just want to make sure. I mean, if it's not a scam, then I can get the hit taken off my Credit Score when the fraud papers go through, and if it's fraud, then it'll be taken care of with the papers. I just thought it better to get some opinions, but I don't plan to pay a cent.

Comment

First of all, stop talking to them on the phone. No more discussions that way. Written letters only, preferably certified return receipt requested.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fdc.htm
            http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebu...lidation.shtml
            http://www.creditboards.com/

That is a good start to learning how to deal with debt collectors. Mom got a letter from some random agency last year collecting for someone with the same name as her. Sent one of those validation letters and never heard back. That credit info center site has some good example letters, but reword them to sound like you wrote them instead of them being some corny form letter.

You'll probably want to view your credit report to make sure that the card isn't attached to your name.
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I mailed them a certified letter w/confirmation today.

Comment

If the card is seven months old it should be showing up on your credit report (Unless it's a business card).
                You can get a free 1 week trial of your credit report at privacymatters.com or you are entitled to one free credit report a year from annualcreditreport.com
                If it is on your credit report, you should be able to find out what bank issued the card, write dispute letters to the 3 credit bureaus and the validation letters should go out to the to collector regardless. What right do they have to be asking you for money? I would contact the bank as well.
                If it was a business card it will be harder to track. Although there would be an inquiry on your report from the bank before they issued the card. It sounds like a scam, but to be sure check your credit report. The last thing I would do is start fraud proceedings with the credit bureaus. You don't want to labeled as "possibly fraudulent" when applying for credit.

Comment

Sent the letter to them, and haven't heard ANYTHING since.

Comment

Originally posted by perry View Post
                    First of all, stop talking to them on the phone. No more discussions that way. Written letters only, preferably certified return receipt requested.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/fdc.htm
                    http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebu...lidation.shtml
                    http://www.creditboards.com/

That is a good start to learning how to deal with debt collectors. Mom got a letter from some random agency last year collecting for someone with the same name as her. Sent one of those validation letters and never heard back. That credit info center site has some good example letters, but reword them to sound like you wrote them instead of them being some corny form letter.

You'll probably want to view your credit report to make sure that the card isn't attached to your name.
                    Fantastic advice. Use phone calls at YOUR convenience only, not theirs. Credit card collectors are scum. Don't ignore valid debts, but don't waste any of your valuable time talking to them on the phone.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X