X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIT To Put Its Entire Curriculum Online Free Of Charge

Amazing!

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=198000568
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: MIT To Put Its Entire Curriculum Online Free Of Charge

Sweet.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

The company I used to work for (Sapient) actually helped build part of OpenCourseWare. Very cool to see this.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

This is excellent news, hopefully more establishments will follow suit.

Self-Learning has the potential to allow for far more enhancement in the general population than rigid expensive courses, mainly because this way around anybody with a computer has access to it.
        Einstein failed most of his education, for example, and normally would never have been allowed into a university.
        So long as such establishments do remain exclusive there is many would-be genii that could never be found...

Even without a piece of paper saying you know a subject, the knowledge that you hold mastery of opens possibilities to society, and to yourself.

Comment

Einstein did not fail in school. He was studying calculus by the age of 12. The education system in Germany in the late 19th century was much more rigorous than the education system anywhere today, and he did exceptionally well. He was far ahead of students his own age. What Einstein failed was an entrance exam to the Federal Polytechnic Academy in Zurich--and apparently it was mostly the French portion, since he was behind the older students in some of the nonscience subjects. He took the exam when he was 16, while typical takers were two years older. He passed when he took it again later on that year.

Einstein never failed any of his classes. Why do motivational speakers always talk about that? I guess because if even someone we think is really smart can fail at things, it's okay if we do too. But, it's just untrue.

I wonder why there are no philosophy courses on there. MIT has a very good philosophy department.

Comment

It's great to see that knowledge truly is free now. Go MIT!
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Quite! I'm going to start going through some of the courses ASAP.

Edit: Hmmm, I'm pretty disappointed with the first course that I downloaded: 21F.030 East Asian Cultures: From Zen to Pop, Fall 2002

All it really contains is a syllabus and a list of required reading/viewing. I thought there were supposed to be lecture notes included? I'll poke around more later...

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              Einstein never failed any of his classes. Why do motivational speakers always talk about that?
              I always hear them say that he was a high school dropout, which is quite true.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

So I went and did a little research and discovered he as a dropout for the same reason I became a delinquent in the end.
                -.-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X