Handle name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handle name?

I just wanted to know how you all chose your handle/name? I was just curious on the background of all your names and why you chose them.

The reason why I chose "Dirtboy" is because my job in the Air Force. Being a Pavement and Heavy Equipment Operator I am playing around in the "Dirt" ALOT and the vast majority in my career field are "boys". We are all called dirtboys in the squadron and we it is and endearing name known to most in the Air Force.
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Handle name?

Since this first thread was BF2 specific, I say close call kitty :D

Here's my story

DB
    Last edited by Dick Blonov; 03-19-2007, 11:43 AM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

It's a childish philosophy, an arrogant one too.
      Basically means that someone thinks about something in every possible way it can be conceived before choosing a course of action.
      Mainly refers to my tactical and strategic love for combat in all it's embodiments.
      QD for short, it's been my name online for about 10-12 years now.

Comment

When my RL friends started gaming with me we came up with a theme for our names. Since we're all big George Clinton fans we went with references to Parliament Funkadelic. My other buddies go by Chuck T Moog and Funkenstein.
        | | |

Comment

the TGNS community picked mine!

Comment

The origin of the Wimp...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post459522
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

HatefullSix was my call sign when I was a Weapons Detachment commander with the Canadian Forces. It sometimes changed when I was assigned to a different platoon or company (Whiskey Delta Sunray Major was the worst one), or when someone else was re-assigned as the det commander (damn higher ranking NCOs).
              |TG-Irr|HatefullSix

If at first you don't succeed, you need more firepower.

There is nothing wrong with feeling something when you shoot your enemies... as long as that something is recoil.

Comment

pretty simple. I am a cognitive scientist working in a psychology department. It seems I need to constantly remind my students that what I do, is in fact, science. I had just finished such a lecture when faced with replacing my first in game name "headshot". the Name sort of came to me, and it stuck. I played with the same name in sof2, wolf, wolf:et, and now in bf2142.

variations on it include sc!ence and science.

I played under the name directrealist in bf2 because sc1ence and science were taken by the time I bought the game. direct realism is a philosophical approach to perception the holds that there is no need for mental representation to perceive the world. You can check out the wikipedia entry on it here

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Quest- Always seeking, always questioning, and it is part of a name I use in a few of the story's I write...

Shady- Because I am a Shady Bastard when I am not on my quests...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I replaced my old name, pythex (which was generated with the Noemata Name Generator: http://noemata.net/nbng/), with "ednos" when I started playing real games. It's actually what an old half-deaf teacher thought I mumbled my IRL name as when I was a freshman in high school. It was my IRL nickname among a few people for all four years.

Pronounciation: (kudos to those of you who got it right the FIRST time)
                    It's meant to be sort of Greek, like Ed-as-in-Edward and No-as-in-yes and a short S. Ed Nos. Not EdNAHS or Eednahs or any of those other things. Ed works fine though. Strangely enough, nothing in my real name is related to either syllable.
                    Last edited by ednos; 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

My original name for FPS games was Black Dog, but that was taken by the time I got to BF2.

SmokingTarpan comes from a joke concerning the card game Magic: The Gathering. I'm known for playing with "useless" cards, one of which is called Tarpan. My friends and I have argued that the Tarpan card is basically worthless, and it's ability amounts to nothing more than flicking a lit cigarette in a guy's face before you get the snot beat out of you. That then spiraled into a joke that since the Tarpan is a horse and thus thumbless, it couldn't even light its own cigarette, adding to it's uselessness. For you Magic players:

http://www.skemp.net/images/smokingtarpanmagic.jpg

So, in summation, it's an inside joke because the name I really wanted was already taken.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

My first online game ever was Americas Army only a few years ago. I knew being in my late 30's and just starting to get into online games I was going to get slaughtered on a regular basis so I wanted something goofy that showed I didn't tak myself too serious.

I had recently seen a re-run of one of the classic Saturday Night Live - Jeopardy skits where Burt Reynolds has given himself the joke name Turd Ferguson. Alas someone had beat me to Turd Ferguson, and I wanted somthing unique so instead of tacking on a number or something, I went with Nerd instead. For me, it has that perfect balance of mediocrity combined with a total lack of intimidation. Which sums up my lackluster playing style :)

The name has since stuck with me through AA, BF1942, BF42 DC, BF2 and POE2. In fact it has sort of become my alter ego online for anything I don't want my real name on.

Comment

Haha... it came from a friend of mine who does a ridiculously good impression of Chewbacca from Star Wars. He would do it and it would get me laughing all the time and so I would say to him "do Chewy"... and so he referred to it as the "Chewy" call and I took it from there...

()

Comment

I've been WarmongeR since the BF1942 days. After 9/11, when we went to war against the Taliban, war protestors were calling the President a "war monger." So since I supported the war whole heartedly, I figured I must be a war monger too. There's no signifigance to the number. It's just that War.mongeR1 was the only configuration of the name that wasn't already taken when I started BF2.
                            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Shortened from the 'aeroballistic' cheat code in army men, one of the first few games I (remember) playing. I had to shorten it years later for some e-mail address, and I was big into duke3d at the time, and combined it with 'ripper' (a character in that game).

I really don't care for the name I've had since I was probably 13-14, but I've been using it for so long I've grown attached to it. I'm usually called 'aero', since whenever somebody says 'aeroripper' it sounds awkward and laborious.
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X