Rome the HBO Series.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rome the HBO Series.

Did anyone here watch it besides me? I'm really depressed that it's over. I want to protest HBO for canceling such a great show, and yet they keep shows like Entourage.
    Current member of the

Re: Rome the HBO Series.

From what I heard it is/was supporsedly a really cool show. I tend to rent the seasons on DVD instead of watching them on tv, though. I'll have to pick it up.

Comment

It was canceled for the same reason that Eureka was canceled. They were really great shows, but they cost much more than they were making.

Kind of like Firefly, if I assume correctly.

Pity, huh.

Here is how you may call me:
      Ty (Tie), or Tychus. (Tie-cuss)'. Full pronounciation: Tie-can-dur-us
      -Tychandrus

Comment

Great series. Although not completely historically accurate, the show was very engaging and interesting.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I quite enjoyed Rome. The only thing which I didn't like about the show was the way they skipped past huge battles and long periods of time without giving you a good sense of what happened. It felt like you were teleporting through time and space. The stuff that happened in between those gaps was fantastic though!
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

All I heard at work from the guys was how cool it was but I never got to see any episodes... too bad it's gone though.

()

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
              I quite enjoyed Rome. The only thing which I didn't like about the show was the way they skipped past huge battles and long periods of time without giving you a good sense of what happened. It felt like you were teleporting through time and space. The stuff that happened in between those gaps was fantastic though!
              This was because they had to rush through the season since HBO was canceling the show. They needed to fast forward through history.
              Current member of the

Comment

Great show. I had no idea they rushed the end becuase HBO was canceling it.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

that stinks, i was just getting into it too, gonna have to buy them on DVD i guess

Comment

I loved this show and am sad to see it go. At least they ended it well.. even better that a certain character was never confirmed dead at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Zid View Post
                      This was because they had to rush through the season since HBO was canceling the show. They needed to fast forward through history.
                      Well they did the time and battle skipping in the first season as well. It isn't the fact that they skipped things that bothered me, it was the way they presented those skips. It was just the style they chose.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

They showed one battle this season although i can't recall which. towards the end of this season the skips were much more apparent and more frequent several years infact skipped and you wouldn't even know until octavian goes "it's been several years".

Seasons 2 was two episodes shroter then season 1
                        Current member of the

Comment

They showed the Battle of Philippi where Octavian and Antony defeated the army of Brutus and Cassius.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Tychandrus View Post
                            It was canceled for the same reason that Eureka was canceled.
                            Eureka was renewed.
                            (Not a huge fan of the show myself, but meh, its OK)

And yea, gonna have to add Rome to my list of TV shows to eventually watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Zid View Post
                              ... and yet they keep shows like Entourage.
                              Hey! I like Entourage...give it a chance, you may like it.
                              |TG|Melee
                              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...