YAY Whiplash!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAY Whiplash!

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys have any good "remedies" for whiplash. I totaled my car yesterday and my neck is absolutely killing me =\
    I've taken some Aleve and Excedrin Migraine, neither do a WHOLE lot of good, but they help some.

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Re: YAY Whiplash!

liquor and plenty of it
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Wow that really sucks. See a doctor man. Seriously your health is way worth it.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

1: A: I'm 19 and B: I'm strongly against drinking

2: I can't afford it work wise or money wise, all my money is going into a temp car.

Comment

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/...ooks/47/98.cfm

Try some of those out. Just a google search
          -Vulcan

Comment

Thanks, I don't know why I always forget about google -_-

Comment

Originally posted by caldsteven View Post
              Thanks, I don't know why I always forget about google -_-
              If i wasnt in a good mood id give you neg rep for that......forget google geez
              -Vulcan

Comment

I've had it a few times... you have to see a chiropractor. Seriously... find the money. Chiros have done wonders for me over the years.

()

Comment

I know a few stretches you can do for your neck to try and stretch out the muscles. I had a bad wreck this past summer, and I spent most of it in physical therapy so that I could get my shoulder back to the place it belonged as well as free up the muscle spasm everywhere else.

First of all, apply heat before you attempt any stretch in this area.
                  Roll your shoulders just to get them loose for your neck movements (if you do it slower rather than faster, you can feel the stretch in your back which I think will help too).
                  For the neck itself, stretch it slowly to one side as you pull the arm opposite to the side you are stretching the neck towards down and behind your back. Repeat each side 10 times holding for 10 seconds. I promise, it'll feel better.
                  --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

See a doctor. I got hit by a 300LBS offensive line-men, I ended up having 17 hours of physical therapy and 6 total hours of Un-conscienceness. Find some cash and get help. Hope you get better.
                    AKA
                    USMCSierraJuan
                    Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

Thanks for the tips/info. I'll try and do some extra computer repair for some chiro cash.

Comment

dont necessarily go see a chiropractor first. A chiro will help you get some damage back into shape, but whiplash can be much much worse. I had a case come through the ICU this morning actually where the guy got "whiplash" from a car accident and didnt think anything of it, until he rolled over in his sleep, woke up with excrutiating pain in his neck, and had complete (but fixable) paralysis from the neck down due to his spinal cord being pinched. He had to have 2 surgeries today.
                        Definitely get it checked as your top priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          (many words of wisdom)
                          Very good advice Ferris!
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Medicine is about the only thing I can try to give some good advice on. Anything else and i'm shooting blanks. :)

Comment

I completely agree with Ferris here. A chiropractor just doesnt have the resouces like Xray and MRI that a Medical Doctor has.

There are Doctors out there who will tell you that Chiropractors are about as effective as Which-doctors waving Voo-Doo chickens....and while I have no opinion either way I figured you may want to be exceptionally picky when choosing one.....

Medical doctor = 8 years of med school
                              Chiropractor = 2 year certificate (some states apparently require 4 year degrees)

plus...cant you claim the doctor bill to your car insurance? if you were in an accident with another car and it was their fault....id see a doctor anyway on their bill.

I some of this helps.....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X