Silent Hill, the movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill, the movie

I bought Silent Hill last night on an impulse while renting Farce of the Penguins from Blockbuster. I had low expectations, of course, since it's an adaptation of a video game and everyone knows how those usually go in Hollywood.

First, I watched Farce of the Penguins. It's basically a parody of March of the Penguins in which two males, Carl and Jimmy, try to walk 70 miles to get to the women and mate. It was kinda funny, but I wouldn't watch it again.

And then I put in Silent Hill. What better way to follow up a dick and fart-joke comedy then by watching a movie like Silent Hill? Rated R: For strong horror violence and gore, disturbing images, and some language. It definitely earned every bit of that R rating.

I don't want to give too much away, but people get severely messed up in this movie. Burned, skinned, stabbed, eviscerated, beaten with lead pipes, beaten with batons, shot, torn in half. There's more but I can't remember it all now.

If you, like me, sometimes just want to see a gorefest, then this movie is definitely for you. Definitely the coolest part in the movie was the first (and every) appearance of one of the main antagonists named Pyramid Head (or Red Pyramid, as he is listed in the credits)

Re: Silent Hill, the movie

I watched silent hill and found it to be pretty boring and reasonably predictable (I haven't played any of the games). I thought the burning scene was particularly badly done - I was half expecting a transformation of some kind, given that the flames were about 30 feet away and there was a complete lack of screaming.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The burning was a bit weird.

Pyramid Head is God.

Comment

The movie could have been worse, but the original games had a much more intricate, thoughtful, cohesive, and original storyline.

*SPOILERS*

In Silent Hill 1, there was a cult that worshiped various fallen angels, and in a ritual to summon one of them, Samael, they were going to raise a human host containing Samael's essence. They found that he was too great, and so they had to use two hosts, twin girls, each one containing half of Samael. Lisa the nurse took one of them out of the city, and was killed by the cult when she returned. There, she was found by the Protagonist and his wife, who raised her, and surrounded her with love, which stunted the growth of Samael. The other girl was tortured and surrounded with pain to try and strengthen Samael, and ended up utilizing his power to transform Silent Hill into her nightmarish hell. Wifey died, and Harry or whatever decided to take Cheryl back to the city near where they found her. She wanders off, drawn to her twin, and the cult tries to rejoin the twins so that they can continue to incubate Samael. One of the endings has the girls being reunited, and then Samael being forcibly ejected prematurely, and weak enough to be defeated. The other ending just has you fight the twins melded into one being, and is exceedingly more difficult, as Samael is not exposed.

Silent Hill the movie had a girl (witch?) get burned by a witch burning cult because she was illegimately born, but it was interrupted and she didn't die. She went to a hospital, and she expelled her remaining decency into another baby, taken to an orphanage, and then transformed Silent Hill with her hatred. Cheryl's adopted mom took her to Silent Hill because she screamed it in a really corny fashion during a sleep walk.

Comment

I liked the movie actually, for a video game movie adaptation. It wasn't that bad in my honest opinion.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X