BSG fans! READ THIS!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSG fans! READ THIS!!

After waiting forever, the Beyond the read line multiplayer demo is OUT!! Its a BSG total conversion for Freespace 2. You do not need Freespace to run this.

For a taste, check out this screen shot.

Then, check out the trailer.
    http://news.moddb.com/19657/teaser-trailer-2/

Then go download!
    http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/

I have 15min left on the download!! woo!
    Last edited by Mugzy; 03-31-2007, 05:10 PM. Reason: update
    When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't do that, you get someone to carry you.

Re: BSG fans! READ THIS!!

That is a killer trailer. I've never heard of Freespace 2 though. Still, the mod looks pretty incredible in the trailer!
    Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
      That is a killer trailer. I've never heard of Freespace 2 though. Still, the mod looks pretty incredible in the trailer!

I think Freespace was a game Microsoft put out then discontinued, but the community kept it going. I beleive its now free....Correct me if im wrong
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
        You have never heard of Freespace 2? That is just wrong! That game was incredible! I still go back and play it on occassion. It was an amazing space flight sim.

This mod looks incredible. The FS2 engine was pretty good but it looks like they have done some great things with it. I am downloading the demo now!
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

BTW, this appears to be a completely stand alone Demo. Freespace 2 is not required. It looks like a lot of fun!
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Wasn't Freespace the follow-up to Descent? (my favorite game of all time fwiw)

Comment

Woah - Descent was my first real FPS love. SUCH a great game. :D

If this is a free, standalone demo, I'm all over it. Great post dude!

EDIT: Torrent linkage here
              Beatnik

Comment

WOW. I love how they did the trailer just like the series. Thats awesome. I'm getting this as fast as i can.

Comment

Just did the first training mission and it looks like a somewhat steep learning gradient, but man it's a beautiful game so far. I can't believe this is totally free! :)

I have to see if I can find my old joystick again... ;)
                  Beatnik

Comment

Yeah I ran the first two missions and it is amazing. The third is freaking hard. Heres a hint: You're there to destroy the asteroids. I had no idea.

The only problem I have is I can't get my throttle to work for some reason.

Edit: I figured out the throttle problem. I wasn't setting the right axis.
                    Last edited by Wimpinator; 03-31-2007, 09:13 PM.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

For some reason, i cant get the training missions to run, but i've been playing the multiplayer missions alone. Let me tell you, the first time you face down 24 cylon raiders who all fire missiles at you simultaneously, youll pee yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        For some reason, i cant get the training missions to run, but i've been playing the multiplayer missions alone. Let me tell you, the first time you face down 24 cylon raiders who all fire missiles at you simultaneously, youll pee yourself.
                        After you make a pilot select the Campaign then Briefing.
                        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Cool. I just created a TS channel for BSG - Beyond the Red if anyone wants to try to get a multiplayer game going. :)
                          Beatnik

Comment

Ok, running into a bit of a problem guys. I tried doing the training missions, but on the first real mission (red team+blue team+asteroids+cylons) my graphics go nuts and i cant see a thing. Anyone know what might be causing it?

EDIT: managed to somehow squeak through that mission, but the third mission is unplayable because of the graphics corruption. Looks like im flying inside of a kaleidoscope.
                            To update again: Ive tried this in opengl and d3d, neither of them work. Heres what i'm talking about:

and after 15 seconds:
                            Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 04-01-2007, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Ok, running into a bit of a problem guys. I tried doing the training missions, but on the first real mission (red team+blue team+asteroids+cylons) my graphics go nuts and i cant see a thing. Anyone know what might be causing it?

EDIT: managed to somehow squeak through that mission, but the third mission is unplayable because of the graphics corruption. Looks like im flying inside of a kaleidoscope.
                              To update again: Ive tried this in opengl and d3d, neither of them work. Heres what i'm talking about:

and after 15 seconds:
                              What resolution are you running?
                              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse