Rainbow Six - The movie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Six - The movie.

I was browsing around on imdb and found this which led me to search and find this.

Both seem to pretty bluntly state that the movie is in limbo but jeez....this is a film I would love to see. I wouldnt mind seeing Liev Schrieber return as Clark and though he really only had a small part id like to see the guy who played Ding chavez return as well.

Has anyone else read the book the games were based on? Pretty good I thought.

Re: Rainbow Six - The movie.

Some of the dates on that are real old. It looks like it was created on 01 and the latest update was 05.

3/26/03 - Well, another year has passed, and this project still appears to be stuck in hiatus for now. Another Tom Clancy project that has been added to Paramount's development stable is the Jack Ryan movie, Red Rabbit, likely to star Ben Affleck.
    I loved Sum of all Fears. I would love to see 20 more from Tom. But this doesn't look like it's going anywhere.
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

My impressions exactly. But i have seen movies finally jump out of limbo and make it to the silver screen....look at jason vs freddy and alien vs predator.

Comment

So, how would this film differ from any other "Anti-Terrorist" style movie? Instead of Michael Beign leading his men into the Rock, we'd have "Squad Rainbow 6 killing Terrorists somewhere else?"

I doubt this movie wouldn't suck only because it really wouldn't be a "game to movie" deal other than some name changes.

Comment

Well, if i was running the show......

First! Id have the team (all the actors) go down to the FBI Hostage Rescue Team training place (whereever that is) and spend a week or two learning to act like real SWAT/HRT/CT this sort of "training" is happening more and more often for movies such as in saving private ryan and band of brothers.

Second. I would go easy on the special effects. Explosions would only a little bit larger than in real life and then only to add a little more excitement to the visuals in the movie.

Third. The book takes place in locations all over the world....from Austrialia to eastern europe so i would do my best to secure realistic locations if not actual locations.

Lastly, I dont think that Clancy writes screeplays as he hasnt written any for any of the films based on any of his other books. So, i would need to secure a solid screenwriter who would stay true to the book and not try to turn clark and his team into the mission impossible guys.

There is plenty of character development in the book with most of it centering on clarks family which newly includes ding chavez as his son in law. Thier interaction is a good source of the human element needed to "feel" for the characters and bring the audience "in". Not to mention the buddy feeling you get from all the other guys on the team.

Done right, this could be a blockbuster action movie that still has brains. But thats how I would do it.

and btw, sum of all fears was my least fav clancy movie......i gotta say october is still my fav

Comment

Originally posted by freekyE View Post
            My impressions exactly. But i have seen movies finally jump out of limbo and make it to the silver screen....look at jason vs freddy and alien vs predator.
            I hope your right.

Call me a sucker for special effects. But What I like most is that all of Tom's writings are realistic. Everything he writes could happen. Even if it went to the big screen like Sum of all fears and had hollywood written all over it, It still be on my top list. Hunt for the Red October. Sean C is one of my favorite actors and with Tom makes it incrediable. Patriot Games I haven't watched in awhile. I might go do that later.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I got this 4 pack of dvds at wally world that had all the clancy movies in it. It was realy well priced for 4 movies...i suggest any fans of his writing might check it out.

Comment

I read Rainbow Six when I was 8 or 9 years old after my dad introduced me to the greatness that is Clancy, I also remember playing the Rainbow Six PC game (hardest FPS game ever made) and Rogue Spear and Covert Ops, the expansions.

Honestly, though, if they want to make one of Clancy's books into a movie it should be Without Remorse. OMG. If you're a Clark fanboy like me then it is the Holy Grail of Clark.

All I'll say about it is that as badass as Ding Chavez is, John Clark (which isn't his real name, and all that is covered in WR as well) pretty much holds the Heavyweight Title for Asskickery.

Oh, and Red Storm Rising is another great one.

Comment

Well, although it was a badass book where Jack Ryan actually becomes president, Executive Orders cant be made because it involves japanese terrorists crashing a 747 into the capitol building. Post 9/11, thats probably a big "dont go there" sign for movies.

Comment

I havent read Without Remorse.....ill pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by secret.squirrul View Post
                      I read Rainbow Six when I was 8 or 9 years old after my dad introduced me to the greatness that is Clancy, I also remember playing the Rainbow Six PC game (hardest FPS game ever made) and Rogue Spear and Covert Ops, the expansions.

Honestly, though, if they want to make one of Clancy's books into a movie it should be Without Remorse. OMG. If you're a Clark fanboy like me then it is the Holy Grail of Clark.

All I'll say about it is that as badass as Ding Chavez is, John Clark (which isn't his real name, and all that is covered in WR as well) pretty much holds the Heavyweight Title for Asskickery.

Oh, and Red Storm Rising is another great one.
                      I really like Red Storm Rising as well. I'll make sure to have a look at Without Remorse.

Comment

I've got to agree with you squirrul, Without Remorse was one of Clancy's best. I've long wanted that to become a movie.

Red Storm Rising was also awesome, but dreams of that becoming a movie died with the Cold War.
                        |TG|Melee
                        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I started reading Clancy while I was in the Army, the first book of his I read was Clear and Present Danger, then I went on to read Debt of Honor, Executive Orders, and the mother of all SF books, Rainbow 6.. and then I picked up Without Remorse. Now, I'd liked the character of John Clark already (though Ding Chavez was my favorite), but once I read Without Remorse, I was riddled with admiration and a new respect for Clark. I recently went and saw Shooter, which is based on Stephen Hunter's "Point of Impact." They modernized the story, and changed a few details, but all in all stayed, I thought, fairly true to the story and from what I could tell fairly accurate with ballistics (some of the explosions were larger than they should have been). I'd love to see them give WR the same treatment, with some modernization, but still stay true to the story. The same could be said with a Rainbow Six movie, although they'd probably have to change more storyline in order to make it work in cinema.

Comment

I just re-read Red Storm Rising, the first Modern Day fiction book I think I ever read. I am big Clancy fan. I loved most of HIS books and liked the others.

I worry every time another movie comes out though. Clancy is very hands off with the movie makers and freely admits such. He lets them make the movie however they want and even had less than nice things to say about some of the decisions...lol...but I have still liked all the movies so far. Some more than others.

But Tom seems to be a true capitalist and I question how much he would care if some crappy filmakers wrote him a big check for movie rights on any of his books. He seems to have taken to selling his name as "Co-Author" or "Creator" on a growing pile of literary crap out there that I fail to believe he had much of anything to do with writing like Op Center and Net Force. And once the series launches they drop the co-author charade and the series becomes "Tom Clancy's Whatever" with "by someone you probably never heard of" in tiny print underneath.

Comment

Hahaha, I actually saw the Net Force movie. Hahaha. OMG, so funny. It had Scott Bakula in it as the main character. I never bothered reading the Op Center, Net Force, or Power Plays books.

Yeah, seriously though, you read about John Clark as this person in Rainbow Six that is like a legend to all the Operators around the world, kind of like Chesty Puller is for the USMC. But until you read Without Remorse you don't realize that he is, in fact, a very, very scary person. The things he does in that book would probably not even make it into an R rated movie.

One thing that I liked about Rainbow Six is that it told you why the bad guys were doing what they were doing. It wasn't just 'well, they are bad' or 'they are bad because they do bad things' it's 'they are bad because they did these bad things, but this is why they did them.'

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X