Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member saying Hello

Hello Everyone!

Your site was recommended to me from someone I know at Wolfservers.com and I was so impressed, I thought I'd sign up and introduce myself (hope thats ok).

My name is Ken, I'm a 38 Y/O father to the best 11 year-old-gal on the planet and, oh ya, I like games. I bit more of a simmer than run 'n gunner kinda guy and prefer games such as ArmA, IL2 FB, rFactor, etc., but still enjoy the arcadey games such as Doom3/ROE, HL2, CoD, and co.

I run my own small network of websites under the parent site of lifesupporters.com and in my spare time (lol):

- Admin @ Wolfgaming.net
    - Admin @ nukemods.com
    - Admin @ UK Webmaster World (retiring)
    - Admin @ DaDaNuke (retiring)
    - Moderate @ Armaholic.com
    - Moderate @ Armed-Assault.net

...as well as member and lurk at about a half a dozen other websites, well make that 13 now :)

Anyway, just thought I'd say a few words and I hope to get to know you fine folks.

Regards,

Ken

Re: New Member saying Hello

welcome duke! I suspect you will have a long prosperous life here at TG!

- -

Comment

Welcome to TG! There are a lot of servers here so hop around to the forums for your games of choice and say hello. Also read ove the SOP's and rules for the various games. Most everyone is friendly so feel free to ask questions about how we do things in game. Once again, welcome aboard!
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

Another one suckered in! Heh, You'll enjoy this place. Only the best gaming adduitudes I've ever met reside here. There's plenty to chose from and just make sure your clear on all the server rules before you hope in. Only takes few minutes to read them.
        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
        and where all members
        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

That's quite the resume, Ken! Welcome to Tactical Gamer!
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Welcome aboard Duke!

Comment

Welcome Duke!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. If this welcome is any indication of the community feel, I'm sure you'll all be seeing plenty of me.

Comment

Originally posted by -Duke- View Post
                  Thanks for the warm welcome folks. If this welcome is any indication of the community feel, I'm sure you'll all be seeing plenty of me.
                  Actually, we only do this initially to suck you in. Once we have you within our grasp we beat you down with a wooden spoon.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to TG Duke!

Originally posted by asch View Post
                    Actually, we only do this initially to suck you in. Once we have you within our grasp we beat you down with a wooden spoon.
                    sig material warning :)

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I wonder if I'll still be welcome with all the dumb questions I'm famous for asking lol.

Anyway, thanks again folks.

Comment

Never too late to throw out a "glad you are here"

Didn't see Project Reality Mod on your list. We are striving for a real life tactics based experience on our PRM server. With it's increase in popularity bringing in lots of faces sometimes we fall far short of that...but it's improving every week. We run a passworded server on Thursdays & Sundays so that helps. Simply find the password on the forums and you are good to go. Ideally this means those looking for the password are reading the server rules...etc etc...

Anyways, to the detriment of my ArmA and COD2 admin duties, I've been spending most of my gaming time on the PRM server and would welcome you in one of my squads and any 1st MIP squad. 1st MIP strives to use RL tactics and if you don't mind following orders and engaging in small unit tactics than you'd find yourself quite at home.

Welcome.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Welcome to the strange, weird, yet functional, for the most part, family that is TG...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                            Never too late to throw out a "glad you are here"

Didn't see Project Reality Mod on your list. We are striving for a real life tactics based experience on our PRM server. With it's increase in popularity bringing in lots of faces sometimes we fall far short of that...but it's improving every week. We run a passworded server on Thursdays & Sundays so that helps. Simply find the password on the forums and you are good to go. Ideally this means those looking for the password are reading the server rules...etc etc...
                            I actually just re-installed BF2 last weekend for EOD as I thought that was by far the best Vanilla BF Mod ever. Quite honestly, we tried PR @ Wolfgaming and interest in it only lasted about 14 minutes so I never even had time to consider trying it. Maybe I'll give it a second look and hook up on your server sometime since BF2 is now using up drive space once again. For the record, I never liked BF2 because it was just wayyy to arcadey for my tastes. ***dux head, awaits flames***.

ArmA is really more my kind of game simply because even if you wanted to you simply cannot run 'n gun or your dogmeat. To me it really brings back my short lived army days trying to spot an invisible enemy that's only a few yards in front of you. If there were any realism in our patrol excercises, I'd be dead 10x over.

To me, ArmA would be perfect if it were optimized for multi-core CPU's because when you have an E6600 w/ 2 GB DDR2 Dual Channel @ 667Mhz and an 8800GTS, you should not have to view the game at 1024 x 768 w/ med/high details.

Sorry folks, this is a topic for another forum, I just got carried away there with a mini-rant.

Comment

Duke it sounds like you should give PR a try. Though it is not a simulation like ArmA it is much less arcadish than vanilla. Plus it has a ton of features that makes it a different game entirely. Check it out, it's free!
                              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X