Umm, how many are Siked by DirectX 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm, how many are Siked by DirectX 10

Guys the end of directX9 is here. DirectX 10 is out and we (most of us) do not have the GeForce 8800 series cards. Does anyone here have any ideas on what will happen to our beloved pc's directX 9 hardware, especially those who cannot upgrade. From what I hear, DirectX 10 will not work on the previous cards. Do any of you know if the DirectX 10 games work with DirectX 9 hardware? I hear C&C 3 is a DirectX 10 game, but it works for DirectX 9, so does that mean it can work?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: Umm, how many are Siked by DirectX 10

I would assume that most games will still work under DX9. Most game manufacturers will try to capture as wide a range of hardware as possible. It would be a very bad choice to put out something that would not work on DX9 at all since there is still a ton of relatively new hardware that isn't DX10 compliant. A year from now may be a different story.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

dang

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The only game that has me psyched about DX10 is Crysis.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

10th iteration of the same old thing. Well I really can't remember DX1 and DX2, so uh... well whatever. I'm not rushing out to buy a new video card.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I have a DX10 card (8800GTS) but I think I'm going to wait to hear what other users have to say about DX10 prior to upgrading.

Comment

i will upgrade to vista when I have to. the only reason i will have to is to play a game that i simply must have. right now, there is no must have game that is only dx10. all the games im looking forward to in the next year or two will all be windows xp compatable and dx9 compatable. I hoping I dont have to get vista till they come out with service pack 2 or something...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

DX 10 is the way of the future for new games. It's going to be a requirement of all new games soon to come. Games will be hard to find for WinXP and DX 9. Soon WinXP will be treated like Win98 when ME/2000 came out. I give it a year to 2 years before well have to change over. Some will now because of Crysis. Some will have runnings for both systems. But you will see big differences.

I'm lucky and got Vista ultimate for free because of a employee program. I've noticed even with battlefield it runs better. Takes a jsut a few extra seconds to load but FPS is improved a few by Vista.
                The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                and where all members
                would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

If a game ever requires that I own Windows Vista, I will not play the game. Even if the game does not run as well in an emulated environment, I'm not going to poison my machine with an operating system that employs DRM internally and has embedded Trusted Computing functions. Furthermore, I would only consider it if it's free, since it's completely vaporware--not worth a dollar of mine when I can have a *more functional*, *more stable*, and *more secure* operating system for no fee at all.

Also, DirectX 10 looks like it's mostly a buzzword and an attempt to force upgrades.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

true, we must wait until it is a global requirement. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
                      I've noticed even with battlefield it runs better. Takes a jsut a few extra seconds to load but FPS is improved a few by Vista.
                      really?! I have read from so many places that xp games suffer under vista. if vista offers an improvement for my current games I would grab it. I can get it for free due to employee program as well.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Most games suffer under Vista but that's just because it hasn't been out very long and the drivers aren't very mature. Eventually we should see very nice performance comparable to Windows XP, and with the new WDDM we should have far fewer hard crashes and stuff when things go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                          really?! I have read from so many places that xp games suffer under vista. if vista offers an improvement for my current games I would grab it. I can get it for free due to employee program as well.
                          It's true and false at the same time. All 3D games will get 3-13% better FPS vs WinXP on a like machine. Also vista suffers on most custom machines because of 2 problems. There are no drivers, or you use WinXP drivers on vista. Also Vista drivers are only 2.0 or 3.0 verisons. So some hardware is still bugged yet. Take it this way. You have a HP a1740n with Vista and a HP a1740n with XP installed. These systems are 100% compatible with both OS's. Any 3D game will and proven better FPS.

The key is the drivers.

Also DX10 isn't a hype. There are many new commands in DX10 that allow this to happen. What's it really supposed to shine in is allowing better streaming of data in Dual and Quad channels for single programs. Aero system also uses the video memory/processer insted of system memery/processer so non-3D games and CAD run better. Allowing the processer to worry about the program data and not graphical data.

I'm not trying to sell or preach Vista, But tech moves forward. someday all our OS's, Video cards, HD's, Etc wont cutt it anymore. You have to make way for new things to come or we'll be stuck with no hope of anything better looking or faster than what we have now. I still use XP. I trust it and it doesn't crash for me. When I'm ready I'll use Vista. I'm not frowning upon it at all.
                          The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                          mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                          and where all members
                          would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                          Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I hope this is true.

"Crysis will run on both DX9 & DX10 as well as Windows XP and Windows Vista."

http://www.crysis-online.com/Informa...0Requirements/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Money wise, the game industry will most likely lag a little behind MS wishes and continue to support DX9 until such time as they see a majority of users adopting Vista. It is, after all, all about the money. Most likely, you may see dual renderers (remember the days of OGL/DX/Software renderers) being implemented for quite some time.
                              Do or do not, there is no try....
                              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...