WheresGeorge.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WheresGeorge.com

Any Georgers out there? You mark your money with stamps (or just write on them), enter them on the site and hope someone finds and enters them again. It's free and you can't make any money doing this but it does satisfy my OCD urges.

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/faq.php

one of my bills
    http://www.wheresgeorge.com/report.p...3d7093ca5e82ee

my profile
    http://www.wheresgeorge.com/user_pro...7d7cee23f5498a

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Re: WheresGeorge.com

I do have a profile but it's a few hundred years old and I haven't logged in for ages. Maybe I'll have to go dig it up.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Wow.. I remembered my password on the first try!

http://www.wheresgeorge.com/user_pro...bdd79ac34a1bac

Wow.. I've been doing this since 1999 and I only have 5 bills and 1 hit entered! That's pretty sad.

Comment

Cool! My account was dormant for 2 years then I got back to it.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sweet, just signed up. I wish I had more bills to enter :(

Comment

My account was made under an ld e-mail address that no longer exists and I can't remember the password. :( Oh well.
            sigpic

Comment

how do you stamp them,,, got to go buy a stamper i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                My account was made under an ld e-mail address that no longer exists and I can't remember the password. :( Oh well.
                Mine was under my e-mail address from the company I worked for back in the 90's. Somehow I managed to remember the PW so I could change my account to my new e-mail. Just keep guessing until you remember it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cappy View Post
                  how do you stamp them,,, got to go buy a stamper i guess
                  I just run mine through the printer. :)

Comment

From reading the WG message boards handwritten in various color inks will give the highest returns (just use good inks). But that's time consuming. The printer method works too. Although, I ordered mine from the stamp connection:

http://www.stamp-connection.com/dept...ge_stamps.html

I like the acrylic stamps because they are easy to line up. I bought a self inking one but after months of use it still bleeds through the bills if you stamp too hard.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I can't help but think that the best method of distributing these is by going to your local strip club.

And I also can't help but think of this The Upright Citizens brigade skit:

(may not be SFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZZj0K5Pjp8

And you could track who's used them... :D
                      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                        same! :(

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                          Wow.. I've been doing this since 1999 and I only have 5 bills and 1 hit entered! That's pretty sad.
                          Apophis is poor! Non-SMs rally and join!
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I have no clue which email address I used when I setup my account eons ago. I probably have less bills entered in than Apophis does...

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Originally posted by Lorax74 View Post
                              I have no clue which email address I used when I setup my account eons ago. I probably have less bills entered in than Apophis does...
                              Ditto. I think I entered two or three bills. I simply forgot to enter them...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X