No announcement yet.

Anyone with experience with the HK 416?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with experience with the HK 416?

Our military services is changing the standard infantry weapon(the one all gets issued with) to the Aimpoint enabled HK 416.

Are there anyone who has tested it here at TG?

If so what is your experience with it. I am used to the (A)G3, which has a lot of stopping power and fairly good accuracy, but is a bit on the heavy side.
    --
    VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Re: Anyone with experience with the HK 416?

HK huh? I'm glad but can't say that I even seen this one in person. I fired plently of different weapons in my time and I love Glock's and HK's the most.

What Barrel length did they chose on?

5.56 x 45mm NATO round. Plenty of range and good stopping power at med range. I prefer the 14.5 barrel on this if I was shooting the med range targets. But offering the 10" is ideal for the urban environment.

Looks like it's also a clean and cool weapon. They fired 3 and 4 boxes and had not dusting or debris left behind, Wow! The also pulled the bolt and pin and was cold to the touch. Great for prolonged engagements.

Many sites say it's very comparable size and weight to the AR-15. If so then the weight will feel like its not there. I could see SWATs picking this puppy up quick.

Best thing it seems to have. Sand firing. Submerge it and it can still fire. They say its even better then the AK-47's jamming possibility.

It's HK. I trust anything made by them. Hell, I ask to have it in the next patch for BF2142
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I'm unsure if you can tell from the picture. I don't have the specifics.
      Weight is apprx. 3.5 kilo.

--
      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

I did a quick search and found This Article on the weapon.

Its read like a consumer reports article and should give you a little info. Though i can imagine youll know most of this information if you already have the weapon.

Comment

The show "future weapons" on the discovery channel just did a nice spot about this weapon. I also think there is a post just recently on how the US wont be changing to it.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Discussing allot of what you want to know over at the following Link.
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
              The show "future weapons" on the discovery channel just did a nice spot about this weapon. I also think there is a post just recently on how the US wont be changing to it.
              Here's the clip you're talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ObWpWXrt9I

Looks nice, but what do I know. :madsmile:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X