VBS2 released to public...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBS2 released to public...

VBS2, (Virtual BattleSpace 2), is being released to the public, you can now pre-order it and it ships at the end of April...for the low low price of 1500 US dollars.

http://www.vbs2.com/site/index.html

http://www.vbs2.com/media/docs/vbs2_handout_letter.pdf

Bohemia Interactive is pleased to announce that VBS2 will be released on schedule and will be available to Serious Games customers from the 9th of April 07!

The release version is fully featured, including:

A comprehensive range of USMC and ADF unit and vehicle representations
    Real Time Editor, Command and Control System, UAV Interface
    An entirely new After-Action Review system
    Fatigue and Suppression models for infantry
    As Samawah and Green Zone Terrain Areas
    Training missions, user and administrator manuals
    A range of middle-eastern unit and vehicle representations
    Highly realistic weapon effects including tracers
    HLA/DIS gateway (available separately)
    The VBS2 Library
    All Armed Assault Game addons
    Flexible support options
    http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/store/

Please understand I do not recommend you buy this product with the May 1st US release of Armed Assault... I'm a news hound, thats what I do,I'm just sharing the news. Thou I love BI Studios (there my third favorite publisher after Battlefront and eSim games), and I love the OFP/AA series, and the VBS1 was great but over priced... I can not recommend a purchase like this to a casual, or for that matter a diehard gamer.

That said, got my tax refund yesterday for 1800 bucks, now down to 300, wife is pissed but she'll get over it. lol

Stay tuned for info, screens, and videos from the "simulation".

BTW: Do buy Armed Assault!
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: VBS2 released to public...

Jeez, 1,500$ for what?

Comment

Don't know yet... but I know for VBS1... I got 12 islands, 4 seasons, tons of add-ons and many more realistic military type missions... (sure the MP was lacking, just look at the cost, lol)...

BUT for my purposes, VBS1 was worth it... after action review tool, and instructor tool.

AGAIN, I do not recommend anyone buy this.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Magnum, I don't think anyone can afford it,lol.

I could never afford a game for that much.

Comment

Magnum, believe me, I wish I could afford that. I can't wait to see your impressions on it though, hoping the usual large amount of screenshots will accompany it!

Comment

Originally posted by BI
            This website is dedicated to serious users of BI game technology. VBS2ô is not designed for entertainment and is only available to the serious games market. Gamers are advised to purchase ArmA: Armed Assault which is also developed by Bohemia Interactive.

That being said, I played the hell out of VBS1 for work and believe it or not, it knocked the socks off OFP and even the more current ArmA. There is nothing you can say when you add the VR attachments to it. It is almost spooky real, once you are imersed ingame.

VBS2 Can only be better!
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Exactly what is VBS2? Is it a game or something? Details.

Comment

It's a military training version of ArmA...

Best way to learn about it...go to the web site, they have a pdf document:

http://www.vbs2.com/site/index.html
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                  That being said, I played the hell out of VBS1 for work and believe it or not, it knocked the socks off OFP and even the more current ArmA. There is nothing you can say when you add the VR attachments to it. It is almost spooky real, once you are imersed ingame.
                  VBS2 Can only be better!
                  I would be interested to see how VBS1 compares to WGL for OFP. I find it very hard to believe that there would be much of a difference, aside from things like the AAR module which naturally the WGL team was unable to reproduce.

Comment

VBS2 Tech Overview: 435MB
                    http://www.vbs2.com/media/movies/vbs...ures_final.wmv
                    Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Now if only they could incorporate VR helmets, 360 degree moving tracks to stand and walk/run on, and light guns somehow, it would be utter perfection.
                      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

What does it take to run this beast?
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Apparently not much if government bought computers are able to run the software.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                            Now if only they could incorporate VR helmets, 360 degree moving tracks to stand and walk/run on, and light guns somehow, it would be utter perfection.
                            You'd think you died and went to heaven if you knew what my job was. :)

(Oh, and allow me to shamelessly take credit for the VBS2 tech trailer. I'm rather proud of how it turned out.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X