Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War --- Game Night Announced

Per the title, details below:

Recently, in the "Strategy Games (Strat)" section, I started a thread to find out who plays this game. So far, the response has been favorable and I figure it's time to widen the scope a little by organizing some match ups.

To that end, I spoke with Root and he was kind enough to set up a couple of channels in TS to accommodate a full range of teams, from 1v1 to 2v2v2v2 (4 channels in all). We also determined that using "Hamachi" might be the easiest way to get games started once we get everyone together (for internal TG games). More details on that to follow.

At the moment, we are looking at starting up games using vanilla Dawn of War to begin with. Of note, however, are the 2 expansion packs, both of which are quality games if you enjoy the RTS genre and Dawn of War especially.

Of particular interest to some might be the latest DoW expansion, "Dark Crusade", which features as a stand-alone game (not required to install the original DoW before playing), allowing people to play vs. all the races/factions currently featured in the DoW franchise (a total of 7) without having to own any of the previous titles. The only caveat is that stand-alone Dark Crusade owners are limited to using the Tau and Necron armies only (both fun and powerful races in their own right). The other races are "unlocked" as their respective packs are added.

Having taken care of the particulars, we've tentatively scheduled a game for Saturday, April 21 at 7:00pm EST. If there are any conflicts with those who might be interested in participating, by all means let us know so that we can work something out.
    sigpic

Re: Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War --- Game Night Announced

I'm there. I've currently set up 2 sub-channels in the game club main channel. If we get sufficient numbers for 3+ teams, I can take care of that on the day.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I will try to make it unless work interferes.

I should be an easy win since I have shifted my focus to CoH and other games.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I meant to add my XFire handle in the post above. But here it is:

Braidedheadman

Go figure. :p
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom View Post
          I should be an easy win since I have shifted my focus to CoH and other games.
          Wait a minute. We're playing to win? I better go and RTFM / practice. :)
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

LoL!
            sigpic

Comment

Ill play
              |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
              100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Cool! What have we got so far then? 4 takers? Starting to shape up into a pretty good skirmish so far. Spread the word!
                sigpic

Comment

1 more faithful for the emperor

Comment

The fallen shall be forever rememberd as the Emperor's finest. :D
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Braidedheadman View Post
                      The fallen shall be forever rememberd as the Emperor's finest. :D
                      That's nice for your troops. Mine shall be remembered as the party animals who won. :)
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Mine shall be remembered as the ones that Blow everything up in 2 seconds.
                        |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

Oi! When did I say that mine were to be the fallen who would need remembering? :p
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats right they will be fallen alright.
                            |TG-Irr|TanithGhost

Comment

We're not going to use hamanchi after all. We'll use the internet option in-game.

We've started gathering in the game club TS channel. As soon as I know how many are turning up, I'll add any more team channels if needed.
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X