Drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive

Fans of Angel, Firefly and Wonderfalls are in for a treat. Executive Producer Tim Minear has unleashed his next show and so far it pretty good.

The general plot is an illegal cross country race with a prize of $32 million. Firefly fans will recognize our hero, Alex Tully, who's wife (whom Angel fans will recognize) was kidnapped to force him into the race. Each week the drivers are given a waypoint to get to by the end of the episode. Sounds simple, and it is. The race is just the glue to hold the show together. You wouldn't expect it from a show that on the outside looks like a ripoff of reality TV shows and Rat Race, but its all about the character development. You can definately draw some parallels to Lost in that there is a huge cast of characters with backstories to explore and an omniscient group of people running the show.

Check it out. It's only scheduled for 6 episodes to air at the moment, with 13 in production for the first season, so its gonna need support to make Tim's 3rd FOX series the charm.

You can watch them online for free here and it airs Monday's at 8 on FOX.

(NOTE: If you are running Vista the MySpace plugin will hate you. Use this extension to spoof your user agent to Firefox for XP or follow these easy directions:

Enter "about:config" in the Firefox address bar, find "general.useragent.override" and set it to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3". When you're done watching just right click it and reset the value.)
    Last edited by Satertek; 04-17-2007, 12:35 PM.

Re: Drive

Wife (BIG Buffy & Firefly fan) was checking the show out. Looks like something I might watch.
    Tray Green

ABandofGamers.com

Tours for Gamers

Comment

I watched this basically for Nathan Fillion. That guy's an awesome actor. I've only seen the first episode (the 2 hour pilot) and so far it's good enough to watch but not good enough to make me love it or anything. Hopefully it'll get better, although with FOX it's likely to get canceled regardless of its quality or whatever.

Comment

The 3rd episode is when it had me. Awesome stuff. Never seen a show yank the viewer around like that in just the 3rd episode, heh.

Comment

Yeah... this is my new favorite show.

()

Comment

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Comment

Yea it sucks. Not unexpected, but still, to cancel a show after only 4 episodes? Thats crap.

They did the same thing though with Wonderfalls, and Firefly only lasted a few episodes longer.

Bleh.
              Last edited by Satertek; 04-26-2007, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I read the news in my local paper today... it was a pretty good show but the people have spoken.

()

Comment

Originally posted by Satertek View Post
                  Yea it sucks. Not unexpected, but still, to cancel a show after only 4 episodes? Thats crap.

They did the same thing though with Wonderfalls, and Firefly only lasted a few episodes longer.

Bleh.
                  Yea, I liked wonderfalls and Firefly. Didn't watch drive, not my cup of tea. Still sucks.

I think current entertainment needs to be more like the novellas of Hispanic TV. They don't last more than a season and all have a definite end. Would give a chance to have more variety but still give the masses what they crave.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

^^^ That actually sounds great :P

I remember watching the first season of Lost and enjoying it, but now it's one like... the third season I think, and there's absolutely no ending in sight. It's kinda ridiculous. I would love one season, one ending, bam bam.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                      I think current entertainment needs to be more like the novellas of Hispanic TV. They don't last more than a season and all have a definite end. Would give a chance to have more variety but still give the masses what they crave.
                      Have you been watching that new Zorro telenovella? Pretty good...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Have you been watching that new Zorro telenovella? Pretty good...
                        I wanted to. It looked pretty good but my Spanish is horrible. I thought it would be a good way to help my learning process. But when my wife watches she gets so involved with the shoe she becomes annoyed when I ask her to translate.
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Awww, heck... I have no idea what they're saying. I just like watching the pretty women!
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            Awww, heck... I have no idea what they're saying. I just like watching the pretty women!
                            That is the funniest thing. My wife is always worried about me looking at the women on the web. Little does she know that the hottest women are on the shows she watches.

This borders on needing another thread but I find it amazing that the Latino culture pushes the "sexy women" and "independent women" at the same time and they see no contradiction in this at all. I mean when they get married they keep their maiden name and if they get divorced they traditionally drop the husbands last name. And don't try to tell them what to do.

But they all think a woman should dress/be attractive and have no problem with this.

Fascinating stuff really. Glad I married on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X