Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were on a (magically) deserted island...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were on a (magically) deserted island...

And could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? You would magically get as much of this one meal as you want, for the rest of your life.

I'd want surf 'n turf: Prime rib (medium rare) with a baked potato, a whole lobster and an avocado. The avocado has all the vitamins and minerals you need to stay healthy, the lobster is just plain yummy, and the steak and potato are both just such staples of life...
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 04-19-2007, 01:46 PM.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: If you were on a (magically) deserted island...

Where's the surf in that surf 'n turf?

Comment

It's a deep sea avocado, I'm guessing. Lots of legs.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Could you clarify the question. Is this my last meal ever or is this the same meal I'll get to eat for the rest of my life on the island (for breakfast lunch and dinner)?

Comment

If i knew i wasnt getting off the island I would just have a slice of pizza. or an angus steak.
          AKA
          USMCSierraJuan
          Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
            Where's the surf in that surf 'n turf?
            Whoops!
            Originally posted by sordavie View Post
            Could you clarify the question. Is this my last meal ever or is this the same meal I'll get to eat for the rest of my life on the island (for breakfast lunch and dinner)?
            The same meal for the rest of your life. You can eat as much as you want.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Appetizers--Cheese ravioli with marinara Sauce & Stuffed mushrooms with a crab meat stuffing - served with lemon

Main course--Veal Saltimbocca with a madeira wine sauce with mushrooms served on al dente Gemelli pasta

Garlic Bread
              Garden Salad
              Bottle of Chianti
              Cappuchino & Cannoli

I think that'd fix me up for a bit.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sashimi Tuna Salad
                Pan seared ahi with cilantro-ginger vinigrette with green avocado and mango.

Cozze In Bianco from Carrabbas
                Fresh Canadian Cove mussels from Prince Edward Island steamed in white wine, basil, lemon butter and Pernod

I like surf and turf too, Prime Rib, Steamed Lobster tail and Some sushi; caterpillar roll and some fresh salmon and tuna. Candied yams on the side.

Hot brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top with hot fudge.

Comment

My Wife's chicken soup:

Rice, Onions, Chicken, Serano Chili, Avacado and lime Juice with fresh tortilla's. Bottle of Don Julio to wash it down.
                  New to TG?

Comment

Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, baked potatoes, a BBQ Chicken calzone like I had last night, root beer, some of that red wine my boss from work two summers ago made, broccoli, carrots, corn, grapefruit, and maybe spaghetti and meatballs. That's more like three meals, though, so I guess that's not fair. Maybe just mashed potatoes and root beer. That way I wouldn't have to live very long on the island.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Do we have to consider the implications of the lack of balance in the meal? That is to say, will there be fibre supplements and heartburn medication available? And further, will the washroom facilities be sufficient not only to handle the load, but to leave the user in comfort? And finally, will said washroom facilities be located such that the user doesn't have to "live with their creation"?

Practical thinking, I know, but this is a very serious decision!
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                        Do we have to consider the implications of the lack of balance in the meal? That is to say, will there be fibre supplements and heartburn medication available? And further, will the washroom facilities be sufficient not only to handle the load, but to leave the user in comfort? And finally, will said washroom facilities be located such that the user doesn't have to "live with their creation"?

Practical thinking, I know, but this is a very serious decision!
                        All good points that are going to my make my decision much harder. This truely is a thinker :)

Comment

If I knew I was never getting off the island, then I'd have some of my own very special chicken nachos and some cold limeade, with some coffee ice cream for desert.

If I knew I might get off the island, then I'd take MREs and water. Any of them except the eggs, obviously. :icon25:
                          Life in Bogota is a lot like a big box of Colombian chocolates. You never know when you'll get blown up by the FARC.

Comment

Pho w/ lots of fresh veggies and calcium-enriched tofu

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Ahi steak, lightly seared with sesame seeds and a nice Wasabi Aioli, brown nutty rice cooked in saffron with some peas and peanuts mixed in, with a nice green salad with miso dressing on the side. Couple of bottle of South African Carling Black Label to wash it down.
                              Do or do not, there is no try....
                              -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...