No announcement yet.

10 Ways to know if you're a PC Elitist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Ways to know if you're a PC Elitist.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/780/780989p1.html

Looks like I am one. I agree with most of the points.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: 10 Ways to know if your a PC Elitist.

Wow. My computer's old and I'm still a snob. I've said some of the very same things to my console gaming buddies who brag about 1080i. I'm like, "Whateva, I play my games at 1600x1200. Eat that!" Back when Doom 3 came out for the old X-Box, my neighbor was going on about how great the graphics were. I then showed him Doom 3 on my PC with Ultra settings and max res. He went home sad and depressed and never played Doom 3 on X-Box again. True story.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

"Gaming since Quakeworld" OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh I have a server listed with them for Action Quake 2, back in the day!!

Last console I owned is a Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1. I'll never buy another.

Ima t0p sn0b
      The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
      mutual respect for your fellow gamers
      and where all members
      would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
      Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Number one is the key. Whoever invented GUI should be shot.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Quakeworld? HA! Mechwarrior 2 online at 2400 baud dialup. booyakasha.

Comment

Quakeworld? Mechwarrior? PFFFFT!! I played Doom 1 on a multiplexed, dial-up BBS with support for 4 simultaneous connections at 1200 baud. Hell, my first game was "Clowns And Balloons" for a Tandy TRS-80 PLBTPLBTPLBT Neener Neener Neener!! :icon_razz I am the ultimate PC snob! I was poking fun at my friend's Nintendo long before anyone knew what a PC snob was. Burn consoles, burn! :p
            sigpic

Comment

Omg DOOM MULTIPLAYER was where it was at, although it was a LAN...
              USAR

Comment

I wasn't a PC gamer back then (long story) but I have heard there was a way to play online but the lag was major.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

There were a couple ways to play "online" as it existed back then. A modem connection to a BBS (at anywhere from 1200 to 9600 bps...the 9600 being like a 400 dollar modem at the time) or a direct serial connection to either another computer or a serial hub, similar to the way USB hubs and LAN hubs work these days. Of course there was no ethernet connections or usb back then, so it sucked. Fun, but sucked.

Comment

Or you killed people in their sleep in Legend Of The Red Dragon.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

well, almost. i meet all the buffed up specs including the 1200p one but. I own a ps3 and xbox360 and honostly i love gamertags brilliant idea.
                      Current member of the

Comment

I have the Gateway 24". Native 1920x1200. Got it about 2.5 weeks ago. Steep $620 bucks, but so worth it.

Before Quake 1, it was AD&D 2.0 for me. I had a Mac for the young years of my life so I didn't get to play Doom to much.
                        The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
                        mutual respect for your fellow gamers
                        and where all members
                        would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
                        Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

QuakeWorld was NOT early gaming! DOOM1 FTW!
                          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                            Omg DOOM MULTIPLAYER was where it was at, although it was a LAN...
                            Me too. Although a buddy and I did play direct connection modem to modem at a blazing 2400 baud a couple of times. It did get horribly complicated. I would call him and have him set up the game and then I would dial in.
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

I can safely say that I've been a gamer from the "beginning"

My dad had the original "Pong" console that you plugged into your B&W TV through the two antenna screws.

Our family's first PC was an experiment for his dental office. I "gamed" by creating new patients with really weird diseases and gave them funny names. I wasn't aware of the consequences of saving these patients, so when the postcards for checkup reminders were returned as being undeliverable, I had some explaining to do when names and addresses like "Jim Fartsalot" at "999 Pimplebutt Dr." came back.

I played consoles (Intellivision, Commodore, Atari, Nintendo, Sega, etc.) until Mechwarrior came out for Windows 3.x on 5 1/4 floppies. Ever since, I've been hooked on PC games.

Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way.
                              |TG-9th| Prophaniti

Blood and Honor, The Journal of a 9th MID Soldier

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...