Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendship sites?

Just a general query i guess,

Was wondering how many fellow TGers have these type of pages, such as BEBO and MYSPACE? I have BEBO, but am i the only one?!?!:O

Re: Friendship sites?

Tried my space once for a couple of weeks...At 41 I'm about twice the age of most of the community...felt a bit out of place so now my online communicating is done mostly by email or here.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I've got MySpace. It's been great for getting in contact with old friends. In fact, I just found out that a high school sweetheart is living just one state away from me and that her family's house was wiped out by Katrina.

If any of you remember a site called SixDegrees, MySpace is what that should have been...

I've never heard of Bebo.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I dislike MySpace because it looks like such a mess. Also, when people use it as a means of communication, I'm then obliged to search all their profile pages and whatnot for messages and such; it drives me crazy. Email and IRC ftw.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I have a boring life. I think my myspace page reflects this (it's empty).

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I have thus far successfully avoided having a myspace login. I do belong to Orkut and Friendster though. Of the two, I actually find Friendster more useful for my purposes (which is usually just keeping tabs on friends rather than constant contact).
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Bebo is more UK and Ireland based i think, i dont like myspace, too clutterd like you say ednos, but bebo is usefull for occasional chat, anything more, use msn!:)

Comment

i don't have any of those. All of my "real life" friends are in a yahoo group that we created. My TG friends are here. Who needs anything else?
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

By the way, we have a TG group on facebook.

Comment

But that means people in the online community will know my real name! That is unacceptable conduct, unless we're developing FOSS.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Bleak is my bestest friend, but only on Facebook :(
                      |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Maybe being a web developer for a living has skewed my perception a bit, but these sorts of sites are avoided like the plague. I almost clawed my eyes out browsing some of the hideous "personalized" page designs on MySpace and have never gone back.
                        |TG-9th| Prophaniti

Blood and Honor, The Journal of a 9th MID Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Prophaniti View Post
                          Maybe being a web developer for a living has skewed my perception a bit, but these sorts of sites are avoided like the plague. I almost clawed my eyes out browsing some of the hideous "personalized" page designs on MySpace and have never gone back.
                          That's why I don't browse MySpace. Yucky.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have a myspace and facebook (I definately prefer facebook)... we actually have a nice little group going on facebook for TG... check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2231857543

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...