Reputation System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation System

I often use this system to communicate with people (a little bit more information than just whether or not I approved of the post, which is evident in the color of the appropriate dot). Does everyone check their reputation in the User Control Panel on at least a sort of regular basis, or should I only be using PMs? I don't mean like thebleakaffinity's sort of -rep with description "sup"; I mean relevant information that may or may not require a reply through the PM system.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Re: Reputation System

lies and slander.

Comment

I check mine only occasionally, like when someone mentions rep in the forums, or if I go to change my sig or something.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        I check mine only occasionally, like when someone mentions rep in the forums, or if I go to change my sig or something.
        About the same for me....I forget it is there until someone mentions it or just happen to drop into my Control Panel...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

User control panel is like a second homepage to me.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root View Post
            User control panel is like a second homepage to me.
            Likewise, external validation from the TG community is how I determine my worth in life.

Also it lets me see recent responses to threads I participate in.

Comment

I didn't realize it was there until I saw this post. lol

Comment

It's useful but I usually only check it when I go in to my PMs or something.

Comment

I find it very useful to provide private comments to someone about a specific post.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

I check my rep list regularly. I appreciate it when I know I've written something that people enjoyed for some reason or another. It also often reminds me of threads where I was participating, and I use the links to get back to those threads. :)
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Basically, the administrators check their reputation comments, but I should just PM the rest of you, since most people aren't aware of its existence.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        Basically, the administrators check their reputation comments, but I should just PM the rest of you, since most people aren't aware of its existence.
                        I definitely wouldn't rely on rep comments as a primary means of communication. If you're not using rep to comment on the post in question, or at least the poster, then you might not be using it right...

And I never expect my rep comments to be responded to, nor do I plan on responding to comments given to me via the rep system.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

If you're worried about someone not seeing their rep you could always just quote their post and reply with "I agree" or "nice post" or "I love you" or something. The only advantage of rep is that it doesn't clutter up the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                            Likewise, external validation from the TG community is how I determine my worth in life.

Also it lets me see recent responses to threads I participate in.

This got a hearty laugh from me.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yep, I use it to give the occasional high-5 or quick comment. I also check it for the same reason from time to time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X