Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Defense: Shotguns (Zombie invasion?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Defense: Shotguns (Zombie invasion?)

I am currently looking to add a shotgun to my collection, primarily for home defense and killing zombies. What experiences do you wish to share and what suggestions can you make regarding this future purchase? I was looking at the Remington Model 870, but I hear it's a bit pricey.
    USAR

Re: Self Defense: Shotguns (Zombie invasion?)

The 870 is a solid shotgun. You also may want to look at the Mossberg 500 as well. Both are great guns.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

You have a collection now? Kickass!

You have no desire to use the shotgun for hunting/trap/skeet? Then, yes, a "combat" shotgun like the Rem870 or Mossberg 500 would be an excellent choice.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

read this.

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/

everything you need to know incase a zombie outbreak =).

I live and Die by it.
        Current member of the

Comment

I have a Benelli M1 tactical. It shoots faster in real life than the M4 in POE2.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Benellis are sweet looking, expensive shotguns. Way out of my pricerange, maybe later ;)
            USAR

Comment

Hehe. I don't know why I love Zombie movies so much. Probably totally not possible, but I love thinking about how I would try and survive if we were taken over by Zombies. I like the "Shaun of the Dead" approach. Just act like one of them to get through a crowd, groaning and moaning and such. I've always wondered if it would be more fun to try your best to survive, or would it be better to just get it over with and have fun running amok as a zombie a la "Land of the Dead."
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Mossberg 500

Not my recommendation, don't know enough for that. My brother suggested it.

Here is what I decided on.

Remington 870. It is a "youth" 20 gage pump action gun.

I picked it because it is small enough that my wife could also use it if ever needed. And it is easy to maneuver in a home setting. Also, when my boy gets old enough I can give it to him.

It is a bit awkward for me to use if I where hunting but not to bad. But I figure in a home defense setting I would not be pulling it to shoulder to aim. More likely from the hip or around a corner or from behind (or under:row__642: ) a bed

Just an idea.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X