Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC's are back! They never left for me however.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC's are back! They never left for me however.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/23/te...hp&oref=slogin
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: PC's are back! They never left for me however.

The sophistication that PC games can offer is the most over looked aspect in the on-going competition. Sophisticated titles for consoles are few and far in between.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I love how one of the "features" Microsoft is advertising in this article is the ability of Windows to implement controllers from their consoles. Personally, I'd be happy to use a console if it had a decent controller... the keyboard is just so convenient when coupled with the mouse, though.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yup. I can't stand playing FPS with a console controller. There's just no way you can map a controller to do as much as a keyboard. That's also why RTS's stinks on consoles.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          I love how one of the "features" Microsoft is advertising in this article is the ability of Windows to implement controllers from their consoles. Personally, I'd be happy to use a console if it had a decent controller... the keyboard is just so convenient when coupled with the mouse, though.
          I think that goes to the whole sophistication thing to an extent.

But with the WII... Give that some time and the whole motion control could be much better that the keyboard for just about any game. Even for text input, I could see a form a sign language that beats keyboard every time.

I still don't think you would see a game like Civ4 on the console until the console becomes the PC. (And that may not be far away, actually.)
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Xbox 360 controller for the computer is perfect for emulating any system from ps2/xbox and before. Covers n64, snes, nes, genesis, ps1, saturn, dreamcast, you name it.

Comment

“Not everyone wants to lay down the money for a console and a big-screen television to make it work,” Mr. Arzt said. “The thing about the economics of the PC,” he added, is that “everybody needs a computer.”

I think that is the best part of the article. Naysayers of PC gaming always complain about the price but at the end of the day someone needs a computer adding an extra 200+ dollars to play games isn't too bad. (Of course some can't afford that but still that is besides the point.)

This is probably the first generation of consoles where I am questioning the point of them. I just don't have enough time to play my PC backlog. Granted I still have a PSP (don't play it), DS (play it), and Wii. (play it)
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...