Texas Weather is So Fun..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Weather is So Fun..

Tornadoes...are the popular thing the last couple weeks. I was almost hit by the first one that hit in Haltom City couple weeks ago, today it was far away, but I was getting alot of the rain today, was driving through the NRH area. Most Texas people won't know what I'm talking about unless their in the DFW area.

Question, Cingular, I know your in Granbury, but you ok? I'm just watching footage of the tornado that hit there earlier.

I was getting pounded from heavy, I mean HEAVY rain, it was standing almost a foot on the ground where I was driving (Mid-Cities BLVD) I almost rear ended someone, my van sled about 5-6 feet before stopping, scary moment.

Anyway, chime in if you got hit, I know Birdie lives around the Ft. Worth area to.

Re: Texas Weather is So Fun..

Cing probably made the tornadoes.
    Kidding, of course. Hope everyone that lives in the area is ok!

Comment

I dont think it is going to be as bad as everyone thinks. I live by TCC NW and its not bad here.

Comment

Weather can be scarey sometimes. I remember the last time there was a tornado threat in my local area. Being I was about 5 years old I was terrified. Anyway, hang in there.

Comment

That was another semi-rough one, I live in Samson Park, on the edge of Lake Worth, all I got was little hail, heavy winds, and tons of rain. It basically skipped us abit. My brother he lives in Saginaw,Tx he was hit pretty hard.

Comment

I was in downtown Dallas until I went home around 1830. Not a drop of rain on my hour and a half drive to Granbury. It's thundering and lightning now with a light drizzle.

I heard that another tornado touched down just south of Weatherford, but I haven't heard anything else about it...

I didn't hear about the tornado touching down in my town until I was almost home. I guess it tore up one home out in one of the country club/planned communities. Considering nobody was hurt, it couldn't have taken out a house in a better area. Maybe it'll get some of those snobs to move...

I'm just bummed that I still haven't been able to actually see a tornado with my own eyes. Once I do that, I think that a whirlpool like Charybdis or the Maelstrom is the only major weather phenomenon/"act of god" that I haven't seen personally. Well, that and a blizzard.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Cing: tornadoes are cool to see in person. Blizzards are much more boring. If it's daytime, all you see is white. At night, all you see is black. Pretty boring really. You'd be much better entertained watching tv by a fire. But tornadoes are very cool in person, just dont stand too close :D

Comment

Blizzards are great when they're just starting and you're on some mountain you can't pronounce in the middle of Turkey and you're getting blown UPHILL on the steepest course.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The thing about Texas weather is it doesn't stay in Texas. I'm in lower Alabama this morning and it is just about here. But we need some rain...so.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

Here is one of the craziest weather related videos I have ever seen. I don't know if it is Texas though.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMqP1Pe6KE more rain of what this person was showing.

We had some nice lightning bolts to, I saw a lot of these the other night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu5rfLQ9R6o

Comment

We got a nice lightning show here in San Antonio, a little bit of hail, and a whole lot of rain. Nothing compared to yall up north, though.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

You guys sent your crappy weather to us. Two tornados have hit so far but they say the worst is over.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6433366
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...