TeamSpeak Server Information - REQUIRED READING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak Server Information - REQUIRED READING

For several weeks now, I have been working on a project to integrate the Tactical Gamer TeamSpeak server more tightly with our forums. The project has been completed and we have also completed our testing. This evening we will be making the switch over to our new system and there will be some significant changes taking place.

Please take the time to read this announcement thoroughly so you are aware of how these changes will affect you.

The IP Address and port for our TeamSpeak server will not change during this migration. If you have an existing bookmark in TeamSpeak you may continue to use it although your username and password will change.

In order to connect to the new TeamSpeak server, users MUST have an account in our forums. No guest or anonymous access will be allowed to the server and no exceptions can be made.

To set up an account with our new server, please follow these instructions:
    • Visit the following URL: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/teamspeak.php
    • Where prompted, select a UNIQUE password to be used with your TeamSpeak account. This does not need to be the same password you use in the forums and it is recommended that you use something unique as this password is not encrypted.
    • Click the “Go” button to create your account and open the full TeamSpeak display page.
    • Once your account has been created, you can connect to the server by simply clicking the “Connect” button on the bottom of the “Connect to Server” display. This display not only allows you to connect directly to the server, but will also show you what is required if you wish to add your new account to your TeamSpeak address book.
    • Your TeamSpeak “Login Name” will be assigned and may not be changed. Your TeamSpeak “Alias” will be your forum username. If you wish to change your TeamSpeak Alias you may do so through your TeamSpeak client directly.

Users are not required to use this new web page to connect to TeamSpeak once their account is set up. You may add these settings to your TeamSpeak address book and alter your TeamSpeak alias however you see fit. A number of people use different names in TeamSpeak than they do in the forums or add their squad designation in front of their alias. This is still perfectly acceptable.

ALL users will connect with Registered [R] status on the server and all game and forum admins will connect with Server Administrator [SA] access. If a problem individual is connected to TeamSpeak, feel free to contact any TeamSpeak user with [SA] after their name as they will be able to kick and/or ban the offending user.

PRE-LAUNCH NOTES:

Even though the new server has not been put in place over our old server, feel free to register an account now if you like so you’re prepared for the cutover. You can connect to the new server to try it out.

If you add this new server to your TeamSpeak address book before it goes live, please note that you WILL need to change the IP address in your address book if you add it during the pre-launch as it will change once the server is officially launched.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: TeamSpeak Server Information - REQUIRED READING

Nice! Looking forward to checking this out when I get home.
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

NOTE TO TG GAME ADMINS:

If you created your account prior to this announcement. IE: In the past few days when I had the URL available in the Members-Only forums, I will probably need to delete your existing account and have you create a new one if you don't get your proper SA rights assigned when you join the server.

If you are a TG admin and don't have SA rights when joining the new server, please send me a PM and I will remove your old account so you can create a new one with the proper rights.

Comment

NOTE TO TG MEMBERS:

The ability to create permanent registered channels is no longer available. You can still create channels as needed but once all the players in those channels leave, the channel will disappear. This is planned behavior to cut down on the multitude of "temporary" channels that have to be deleted on a constant basis.

Comment

NAVIGATION CHANGE:

A new link has been added under the "Resources" pull-down tab at the top of the page to link directly to the new TeamSpeak page. The TeamSpeak FAQ has been moved to the "FAQ" pull-down tab. The FAQ will be updated post-migration with all necessary information.

Comment

Very nice setup, It only takes seconds and the setup is very easy with the graphic provided. Excellent job!
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

Originally posted by Eroak View Post
              Very nice setup, It only takes seconds and the setup is very easy with the graphic provided. Excellent job!
              Yeah, the instructions were more complex than the process of connecting! It should be very easy for new members with the new system as they can just install teamspeak, view the web page, type a password and then connect. Easy easy.

So far it looks like the server is working well. Lots of people connecting!

Comment

One quick question. We, in WoW, have habitually invited non-TGers to join us for PuG groups in order to oraly lead the group in the instances. Do we take this as a cue to ask PuG members to sign up on the forums and obtain a TS id? or is the intended purpose of TS for primarily active TG members?

We can work with what we have to, but it will be difficult to get PuG members to signup and register for one-off PuGs... Most likely they will be frustrated by the process and just elect to not use it or invite us over to their TS or Vent server (if they have one).
                Last edited by caldwelljt; 04-26-2007, 09:35 PM. Reason: grammerz
                "When in doubt, make a fool of yourself" - personal motto
                "Crack is the reason for glass broken" - warning on my favorite japanese teapot

Comment

Originally posted by caldwelljt View Post
                  One quick question. We, in WoW, have habitually invited non-TGers to join us for PuG groups in order to oraly lead the group in the instances. Do we take this as a cue to ask PuG members to sign up on the forums and obtain a TS id? or is the intended purpose of TS for primarily active TG members?

We can work with what we have to, but it will be difficult to get PuG members to signup and register for one-off PuGs... Most likely they will be frustrated by the process and just elect to not use it or invite us over to their TS or Vent server (if they have one).
                  That is not exclusive behavior to WoW. Several other games here rely on TS as the sole form of communication and require the players to get on TS. We really don't encounter many problems with the other games getting the good players to join us, I would hope that the WoW players would be just as responsive.

The signup process on the site is rather easy and should not be a major barrier to entry. They are welcome on the teamspeak server but they will need to make a forum account.

Comment

Very good
                    easy as pie and clear instructions to connect
                    Excellent

Comment

Might be just for me, but the stuff on the right doesn't line up:
                      |TG| Lorian
                      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

roflcopter

It worked fine for me; you have any strange modifications on Firefox?
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by caldwelljt View Post

In addition to what Apo said, remember that TG is an ever growing community and I cant count the number of people that I've played various games with who have commented on the servers or people here in a positive regard, but have never visited the site. Getting people to join TS this way is an excellent way of drawing new and interesting people into the community! Registering a forum account and a TS account will probably lead to them having a look around and chances are, they'll probably like what they see. So I wouldnt just say that it's acceptable, i'd endorse the practice wholeheartedly.

And HA-HA at lorian for borking firefox! :D

Comment

Lorian it looks exactly the same way for me. I'm using Firefox as well.
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                              Lorian it looks exactly the same way for me. I'm using Firefox as well.
                              Odd... I'm using FireFox and it lines up neat as can be for me.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X