X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft 2 is official.

As reported at Kotaku.com:

When reached for comment today this was Blizzard's official response:

We do intend to announce a new product at the Worldwide Invitational next month in Korea, and we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in getting an advance look at what that will be, but players will have to wait until May 19th to find out more. Also, we have a very strong connection with the characters and settings of StarCraft, and we do plan to revisit that universe at some point in the future, but we don't have anything new to announce in that regard at present.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Starcraft2!!!!!!!!!!! (maybe?)

I hope so... I still think StarCraft is the best RTS ever made

Comment

Loved Starcraft, Koreans still play that game in tourneys.

Comment

why not diablo 3? i never got into starcraft as i found C&C a much better RTS game.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Yep...that will end the decade long-development of SC2.

Yeah right. I ROFL at the prospect. It's like hoping for Duke Nukem 2.

Comment

The last sentence is the exact same wording I saw them use years and years ago. A sequal would be really neat. I just hope they leave the silly unit caps out this time.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

What ever happened to Ghost?
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                What ever happened to Ghost?

I remember it was supposed to come out on the Xbox, then supposedly 360, now I think its delayed or cancelled.

Comment

It looks like Blizzard's next game is an MMO, unless they end up making multiple games at once. If they turn Starcraft in to an MMO, they had better do it right, like Planetside, not wrong, like World of Warcraft Reskinned 2.0 or something.

Comment

A starcraft MMO could be fantastic, if they did it right.

Starcraft's gameplay was fantastic at the time, and is still incredibly balanced, but it's world, characters, and story were what attracted me the most. I think it could do very well (critically) as not only an RTS, but a stealth game (like Ghost), an NS style RTS/FPS hybrid, an FPS, an MMO, as well as a movie or TV series.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                      It looks like Blizzard's next game is an MMO, unless they end up making multiple games at once. If they turn Starcraft in to an MMO, they had better do it right, like Planetside, not wrong, like World of Warcraft Reskinned 2.0 or something.
                      Imagine a hybrid of EVE Online and WoW! Man, they could really make something awesome with the Starcraft universe...

What would they name it? WoS doesn't work.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I would LOVE World of Starcraft. Or maybe it'd be called Universe of Starcraft or Galaxy of Starcraft. Either way, the possibilities are amazing. I'd love to create a Zergling character or run around as a Protoss. I'm salivating just thinking about it.
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I'd probably get back into MMO's if they made Starcraft into a MMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                            If they turn Starcraft in to an MMO, they had better do it right, like Planetside,
                            I never knew anyone who played Planetside, that game was freakin awesome.

But yeah, i hope they come out with a starcraft2 i played broodwar like...every single day. But now that i played the Demo of C&C3 Tib Wars, I think ima be hooked on that game for awhile.
                            "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

World of Starcraft wouldn't work. There were very few 'hero' or 'freelance' units in Starcraft. Zerg lacked sentience, so they're out. The Terrans with weapons were Soldiers, which limits that experience to Planetside-style, perhaps with Bureaucratic positions. The Protoss might work, but they may have the same issues as Terrans.

The difference of the worlds is Medieval vs. Modern, in terms of individual freedom to execute 'interesting' decisions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X