No announcement yet.

1900 postcards predicting life in 2000.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1900 postcards predicting life in 2000.

As posted on Fark.com, these postcards, created sometime around the year 1900, are predicting life in the year 2000. Some of them are just out there (weather control machine?)

It's interesting to think about what will be around in 2100.

Re: 1900 postcards predicting life in 2000.

Hah, they didn't even predict that everyone would be speaking English in 2000. They couldn't be more wrong, what with covering those postcards in Foreign.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Covered cities would be awesome.
      Oyee

Comment

alot of those are accualy close to being used.

Weather Control, we have organizations which can make rain more possable. (www.weathermod.com)

Personal airships, the cost of a plane is getting close to afordable.

Undersea tourist boats, underwater tours are being done, in malls, not sure about open water though.

House moving by train, you can have a molbile home.

Train to water isnt happening, but i dont see a demand for it due to the speed we can move things from train to boat.

Covered cities isnt happening, probily due to the cost, and some people just like the rain.

Same thing with moving sidewalks, to much cost, and some people like to walk.

Comment

Well we definitely have underwater tourist submarines and some moving sidewalks.
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

But we *don't* have people wearing those futuristic clothes.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Trust me, America doesn't need moving sidewalks.

Comment

But we do need personal blimps. That would kick so much ass.
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X