X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WhiskeySix
    started a topic Randy Moss

Randy Moss

"You could almost picture Tom Brady heading into the coach's office after last season and saying, "Um, I don't know if you realize this, but I turn 30 this season. You just wasted a year of my prime. I'm never getting it back. I took a little less to stay here, you promised to build a quality team around me, then you traded Deion Branch and stuck me with Reche Caldwell as my No. 1, so my season came down to a third-down play where I crossed signals with a 38-year-old guy who should have been coaching our receivers instead of trying to get open on THE BIGGEST EFFING PLAY OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULD YOU GET ME SOME HELP PLEASE! THERE'S A CHANCE MY EX-GIRLFRIEND PULLED THE GOALIE ON ME THIS WINTER, COULD YOU THROW ME ONE EFFING BONE HERE! JUST ONE! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???"

:icon_lol:

From another classic Bill Simmons article: http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...t&lid=tab1pos1

• Nikolas
    replied
    Re: Randy Moss

Originally posted by xTYBALTx View Post
    Moss will have a good season. So long as he's not injured. Mark my words, let's revisit this in a few months.
    Ahem.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

wow:

On average, NFL teams will score a touchdown less than 15 percent of the time when a drive starts 80 or more yards away from the goal line. Last Sunday, in their final tune-ups before this matchup, the Patriots and Colts each had three opportunities to work the long field. The Patriots started series from their own 10-, 12-, and 15-yard lines and had to go 90, 88 and 85 yards if they wanted a TD. They succeeded 100 percent of the time.

Here's a breakdown:

Drive No. 1: Eight rushes for 45 yards; six passes for 45 yards … No passes to Randy Moss… Tom Brady ran it in for the score.

Drive No. 2: Six rushes for 25 yards; seven passes for 60 yards … No passes to Moss… Brady ran it in for the score.

Drive No. 3: Seven runs for 39 yards; seven passes for 69 yards … two passes to Moss … Brady ran for a first down… Brady 2-yard TD pass to Wes Welker.

Add up the yardage in drive No. 3 and you will see the 14 plays went 108 yards, as New England also overcame 20 yards in penalties. The total play selection for the three drives was 21 run plays and 20 pass plays, so they are fully balanced. Five different wide receivers and two tight ends were at the end of those 20 passes and four different runners contributed on the ground.

The most impressive aspect of the Patriots' long drives all season is the fact that they have had 14 possessions start inside the 20 and they have scored a touchdown 78.5 percent of the time. Keep in mind that the league is averaging about 13 percent in this category. The top teams in the NFL inside the red zone don't score touchdowns at this rate.[/B]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...ampaign=ec0005

Leave a comment:

• FPS_Douglas
    replied

Randy has not been overshadowed. He's been getting touchdowns, making circuse catches, near fifty yards/game, doing some great run-blocking AND demanding double and triple coverage which makes really opens up the field for Welker and Stallworth.

Leave a comment:

• VegaBond
    replied

Ugh thats Pats game.. SHOW SOME RESPECT, I mean really, do you need Brady in on 35-0? Do you need to throw the ball in 30s of there red zone with 35-0 lead?

I hope someone see's this and just runs the scoreboard on the pats, hopefully colts but I just don't see that happening..

But 2nd day of NFL Draft when I heard Moss was going I already saw the 4th trophy in there building heh

Leave a comment:

• sc1ence
    replied

moss really needs to show up against the colts.

Leave a comment:

• Grunt 70
    replied

Only gave up 7 against the skins...Should've been 0 as it was a garbage time TD given up by the 2nd team D.

Randy has been a bit overshadowed by Welker and Stallworth over the last couple of weeks. I've been wondering if that would affect his devotion to the team. Then I saw how he congratulated Brady for running it in...even after he was open in the back of the end zone...Moss has drank the BB Cool aid if you ask me.

With this weeks game in the books the Pats rank 5th in the AFC for Defense in Points per game. Now that's better.

I'm already salivating over next Sunday against the Colts...now that will be a game!! Wish it were here now !! I'm predicting a Pats win--and not a very close one either...anyone see the colts struggle against Vinny T. in the first half of their game this week? That bodes well for the Pats I think.

Leave a comment:

• Grunt 70
    replied

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    Yeah the redzone D is still a concern (relatively speaking). Then again, I think their heart just wasn't in it since they were playing with a 35 point lead and dominated in the first half. When they came out after the half, they weren't playing with anger... which you really have to do on D.
    I agree with your assessment. In a way it's good. Gives Bill and the team something substantial to work on in practice.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
    28 points against a weak Miami team worries me.
    Yeah the redzone D is still a concern (relatively speaking). Then again, I think their heart just wasn't in it since they were playing with a 35 point lead and dominated in the first half. When they came out after the half, they weren't playing with anger... which you really have to do on D.

Leave a comment:

• Grunt 70
    replied

Originally posted by Santa View Post
    Granted im a biased Steelers fan, but I think the patriots hardest game this season will be vs the Steelers.
    I thought you might be right until the dissapointing loss in Denver last night. The Steelers put up a pedestrian effort at best to beat a poor Denver team. Coming off of a bye week even. It was in Denver, though, so I'd concede that.

If the Steelers don't have more in their tank later when they meet the Pats I fear you will be eating crow on this one.

Another unbelievalbe day for the offense. But--28 points against a weak Miami team worries me.

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

oh.. nvm: http://www.therealrandymoss.com/rmos...ArticleId=3026

Several fans have asked, including Wes R. of Reading, MA: “What’s the thing that you do after a touchdown that looks like you opening a door or a window with your hands?”

RM: “[laughing] Oh…Earlier, before the season started, a lot of people were talking about maybe I had lost my step and I couldn’t play football any more. So the opening week against the Jets, I had the long ball that Tommy threw to me. It kind of excited me and overwhelmed me, coming off of a leg injury with a hamstring and not being able to practice as much and still split the defense like that. So basically that celebration is just to let the people know that I’m still splitting defenses ten years later.”

Leave a comment:

• WhiskeySix
    replied

oh... btw, any ideas about what that gesture is that moss does after each TD? It looks like he's prying open elevator doors or something....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80375af8

Leave a comment:

• FPS_Douglas
    replied

Never thought I'd say this before week 8, but folks, you are witnessing something historic in the sports world. Relish this for every second it's there because it won't last forever.

Leave a comment:

• Anospa
    replied

Dear Miami,

I'm sorry.

Signed,
    The Patriots

Leave a comment:

• Bc2ID
    replied

unbelievable....it is almost like a playground game.

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X