Delta Farce

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Farce

Ok, so I been olding myself back on this one. I been watching the trailers on it. I'm not sure what to make of it. I wanted to talk to you guys about it because of our background.

If you ask me from what I seen so far, This movie seems to really make a mockery of the beloved military. I like Larry the Cable Guy. I find his standup very funny. He did a bang up job on Cars the movie. But this... I dont know what to make of it.

I'm not trying to say, "don't see this!", "This is ghey!". I just want to get your ideas on it.
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Re: Delta Farce

Can't be any worse than Police Academy, Hot Shots, Catch 22, Team America...hell...or even M*A*S*H or Hogan's Heroes. Our "beloved" military has a history of being mocked. As it should. This is America...it's what we do best! We'll mock anything and everything.

If ever this very essential freedom should come under threat of censorship...then we'll simply cease to be America.

Edit: And yeah...this movie looks drab, boring and unfunny. That's why *I* won't go see it. :D
    | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
      If ever this very essential freedom should come under threat of censorship...then we'll simply cease to be America.
      Oh of course! I'm all for freedom of speech. I like I said I'm not sure what this movie is. I don't care for the military mockery movies. I'm just trying to get a idea if I even need to see this.

and where all members

Comment

Can't be any worse than Police Academy, Hot Shots, Catch 22, Team America...hell...or even M*A*S*H or Hogan's Heroes. Our "beloved" military has a history of being mocked. As it should. This is America...it's what we do best! We'll mock anything and everything.

Edit: And yeah...this movie looks drab, boring and unfunny. That's why *I* won't go see it. :D
        please dont lump MASH in with those shows/movies. MASH was the greatest american show ever made, cant be beat.

NOw for this movie if you take it like you would take Borat, as a movie with no real value, it should be good. Considering the people in it i dont think it will do well outside the NASCAR market
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I'm from North Carolina, I'm surrounded by rednecks, my whole family is a bunch of rednecks, and I detest all those blue collar comedy guys (except Ron White). Who'da thunk? Anyways... I think this movie looks terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
            please dont lump MASH in with those shows/movies. MASH was the greatest american show ever made, cant be beat.

NOw for this movie if you take it like you would take Borat, as a movie with no real value, it should be good. Considering the people in it i dont think it will do well outside the NASCAR market
            Mash is my favorite sitcom, I don't think it ever made a mockery of the military. I think it took an event and tried to bring some joy to it. It is the best show ever made.

I want to see delta farce.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
              Mash is my favorite sitcom, I don't think it ever made a mockery of the military. I think it took an event and tried to bring some joy to it. It is the best show ever made.
              Maybe not a mockery (though bringing humor to war is a mockery to what war is) of the military per se...but a spoof of the military nonetheless. I enjoyed the show too, though.
              | | |

Comment

MASH brought out a lot of good in a bad war. It showed, the bad, the good, and everything inbetween. It's part of my top 5 all time shows. Still watch it today.

and where all members

Comment

Yeah...but you gotta admit...all that good was fictional comedy brought to you by Hollywood and the powers that be. There really wasn't a whole lot of good to come out of that war. Not as the old folks tell me anyhow.
                  | | |

Comment

You guys gotta take into account that MASH is to a real life Support Hospital what SCRUBS is to a regular hospital. Humor into an often humorless profession. It's not just that war that was an issue. In medicine, especially critical care medicine like that, you see people die. A lot. And it hurts every time, regardless of the circumstances. There are days that I come home after my shift and dont want to get up the next day because of the things i've seen that day. Shows like that make me laugh and say "if only..."

As far as Delta Farce goes, I think its either going to be really good or really bad. Seriously, it couldnt be worse than In The Army Now. I bet the Army was head over heels to see that one hit theaters back in the day.

Comment

There really wasn't a whole lot of good to come out of that war. Not as the old folks tell me anyhow.
                      I think that you have to keep in mind that everyone's experiences are different. For most, the friendships and experiences will shape the entire rest of their in a very positive way. For others, it's a terror that breaks them. TV shows like MASH and Scrubs use stories that could very well be true, that have taken place in hundreds or thousands of different locations, and script them so that they take place with one cast of characters.

As for Delta Farce, I have absolutely zero interest. Not because it lampoons the military, but because I despise dumb comedy. I think that the first couple of Police Academy and Naked Gun movies ruined the genre for me.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I dont know about you guys, but I love Military spoofs. Both of the Hot Shots, Team America, and even the oldies like Stripes. I find it extremely flattering. Atomic Dog said it the best...we brought this on ourselves (society) and we accept it, well I do anyway. I dont know if I will like it, but yes, I will watch it.

Now for this matter

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        Don't get me wrong, I love MASH, still watch it and own 5 seasons of it. It is a great sitcom. BUT, when Alan Alda started directing it became more of a drama than comedy. I also noticed that Hawkeye is a jerk. He was always picking on Frank for no good reason

End of Hijack:)

P.S Friends>MASH
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I agree that this movie looks stupid. Not because it spoofs the military, just because it looks stupid.

Whenever the theme of a movie or tv show portrays something that we know well or is near and dear to our hearts, if it is not 100% accurate or makes light of the subject there is always the potential for disdain.

Today if I want to be informed or want to see something portrayed as accurately as possible I will turn to Discovery, or History Channel, or A&E, etc, etc. If I want to be entertained I will watch Network TV, or one of the discs from my M*A*S*H Box Set :row__572:, or History of the World Part I.

Where I draw the line are movies/shows that convey they are portraying something accurately, but fall far short because they were too lazy to do it right or just ignorant of what accurate actually is. These may get a single viewing from me if I can't tell from the previews what they are like but otherwise I never visit them again.
                          LoyalGuard

Comment

Hate to bring up a old thread, but i couldnt justify a new one to complain about how this movie was.

I watched the movie with my parents since we all liked the blue comedy tours. But after seeing this movie I felt, very let down. Not everyone is a fan of the blue comedy guys, but I am, so i watched the movie. It wasn't all to funny, it did mock the military a lot (Didnt like but other peoples opinions are nice to note during a debate), and well the whole line of things just added up to being a very disappointing experience.
                            Oyee

Comment

It was so awful, I couldn't even finish it. It just got really stupid after they landed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X