Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoring and Breathe Right

Holy life-changing events, Batman!

I've had a snoring problem for some time now, as my father did before me. In recent years, it has become more and more irritating to my wife, who is a light sleeper. I've always felt that the problem came from the fact that I mostly breathe through my mouth in the night.

One night recently, I saw a commercial during a hockey game for Breathe Right strips. They are those little band-aid strips you put on your nose to expand your nasal passages. They are used by many athletes, including football and hockey players to aid with breathing. When I saw the commercial, I remembered that I had heard at one time that they can help with snoring. So I told my wife that I really ought to give those a try and see for myself.

Yesterday, my wife brought home a pack of 10 of these things. I was eager to give them a try and see if they really prevent snoring. I put one on a last night, and immediately I was blown away by the feeling. I could breathe so easily through my nose it was unreal. I wore it through the night and although I didn't get 100% confirmation that no snoring happened, the way I felt today is clear evidence that something was different about my sleep last night. I honestly felt today like I had just had the first full night of sleep I've had in 10 years. I had no caffeine, I had a beer with lunch, and I was still wide awake and feeling groovy at work at 4 PM! :)

In summary, if you snore and it is a problem, try Breathe Right strips right away. I'm off to buy shares in the company and to find a bulk supplier.

I will report back on this in a few weeks and let you know if it is as impressive as it seems.

(I am in no way affiliated with this company and I have no stake in promoting this product.)
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Re: Snoring and Breath Right

Originally posted by icky View Post
    (I am affiliated with this company and I have a high stake in promoting this product.)
    Yeah, that's what I figured.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
      Yeah, that's what I figured.
      Hey now, you can't sneak stuff like that past me when I'm wide awake!

Comment

They do work very well for some people. I'm not one of them :(

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
          They do work very well for some people. I'm not one of them :(

DB
          Neither am I Dick...my wife still nudges me endlessly during the night...and not those kind of nudges!
          LoyalGuard

Comment

I used them for years. The combination of the strips for me and ear plugs for my wife seemed to work. I finally went and had sinus surgery, so I don't need the strips anymore.

Comment

I use them to play football, the thing is, I have asthma, Having a 210LBS starting DE that cant breath real good, coach ganna have a good talkin with you. They work wonders with me and clear up my sinus, On the really plus side, they look super cool with black and blue face/war paint.
              AKA
              USMCSierraJuan
              Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

See your doctor about the sleep lab. I snored for years then went to the sleep lab and now use a CPAP machine to sleep with. I do not snore, I feel more rested and am completely at ease when I use it. Don't knock it till you try it. Who knows it could save your life.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

As per your suggestion, I went out and bought a pack of these last night. Apparently the little woman didn't hear any snoring out of me, and I felt a bit more rested. Going to wait to see what tonight brings.
                  USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                    As per your suggestion, I went out and bought a pack of these last night. Apparently the little woman didn't hear any snoring out of me, and I felt a bit more rested. Going to wait to see what tonight brings.
                    Great! I was getting the feeling that everyone but me had tried these things already. I'm sure they don't help everyone, but if you have nose-breathing issues like I do, I think they are very likely to help.

It's a problem I never considered serious enough to see a doctor about, because it came on so gradually, but now that I am seeing the change from getting real sleep, I can see how big the problem was. For me, it is night and day. I will certainly mention this to my doctor to see if more drastic action like surgery would be my ultimate solution.

Comment

I think I'm going to go out and try these.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've never tried these but I've heard they do work on some people. Maybe I'll pick some up.
                        |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                        [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

My wife made me try them...they worked...
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

This is so weird; it's the second time I've heard about these in a two day period. Guess the commercial-god is trying to tell me something. My husband wakes even with very light breathing. Let me restate: I do NOT snore. ;) But I will try these. Thanks Icky! +rep
                            I heart TG.
                            xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
                              This is so weird; it's the second time I've heard about these in a two day period. Guess the commercial-god is trying to tell me something. My husband wakes even with very light breathing. Let me restate: I do NOT snore. ;) But I will try these. Thanks Icky! +rep

OMG SuGaH SnorZorZZ!

Actually I may have to give these a go. I have been getting complaints lately that when I work nights I am snoring.
                              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X