Spider_Man 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider_Man 3

For those who've seen it already, post your thoughts here....
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: Spider_Man 3

They made a spiderman movie ??

LOL

Bill
    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

Very sub-par.

I went to the IMAX showing at 9:00 a.m. Friday after I left work. It was actually packed, and TV crews were filming people inside the theater as we waited for the thing to start. I told one guy he wasn't very subtle making his bootleg copy of the movie with all 300 lbs of equipment he had setup...

All in all, the film didn't pull you in at all. Bruce Campbell's cameo might be his best one yet, though.

The acting from the three main stars seemed pretty bad, too. Did Sam Raimi or George Lucas direct this?!? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzap!!
      Last edited by Coridon; 05-04-2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

well first of all i thought it was pretty good. i think the second one was better though... i really think they took too much time trying to develope peter parker and just throwing villians at him with pretty much no development. we know who parker is already jeez! i wouldn't go see it in the movies again but i was happy i went go see it. venom is pretty cool but sandman sucks.... they had way too much of him and not enough of venom.

Comment

I JUST now got home from going to see it...it was 6:30 when me and my friend got there, next movie was at 10:30.....wow. This must be a great movie
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

i didnt like it

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
              venom is pretty cool but sandman sucks.... they had way too much of him and not enough of venom.
              Hopefully, they're setting things up for a Venom movie!

Comment

Originally posted by GBH View Post
                i didnt like it
                Care to elaborate a bit more on why you didn't like it? From what I've read people either like it or they don't. There seems to be no middle ground.

Comment

I saw it last night at the midnight show and I didn't think it was that great. I think 1 & 2 were definitely better. Probably the biggest reason I didn't like the flick was what Jeffro said about a lack of character development for the villains vs. Peter Parker. We already know Pete's story, expand on the villains more, especailly Venom.

I thought the usual characters (Franco, Dunst, Maguire (sp?)) did an ok job, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. It reminded me of Pirate's of the Caribbean 2, where Depp tried way too hard to re-act Jack Sparrow. It was kinda silly and obnoxious. I think these characters tried to do the same thing in Spidey 3. Their characters just didn't really bode well for me. I couldn't sympathize or feel any real emotion for any of them. Just my opinion, but I don't think I'd see it again in the theater.
                  |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                  [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

After the horrific wastes of time the first two movies were, this one was not an improvement. If you want to see a good movie, I recommend renting Army of Darkness or UHF. They both far exceed this trilogy in quality of acting and plot development.
                    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

It wasn’t exactly a blockbuster, but Spiderman 3 was worth the price of a matinee ticket. The special effects were great, though the massive version of the Sandman seemed a bit much, and the action sequences were a lot of fun. Sadly, the storyline was far from captivating and having three villains competing for screen time prevented any one from really driving the plot.

Comment

I enjoyed it overall.

I thought the shaky camera action was too much to try and follow during the action sequences. I think they did an okay job with Sandman. I thought Venom was great!

The worst part was having to sit through Peter humping the air and strutting. It made my eyeballs bleed.

I for one think that the doctor assisting Peter with the analysis of the symbiote will become Lizard. That'd be cool.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

yes he does become the lizard.... thats dr. conners.... notice his missing arm. he becomes the lizard by trying to regenerate it. i for one am looking for a darker rated R spiderman.... i think it would make the movie so much better. of course thats never going to happen but one can only hope :)

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold View Post
                            Hopefully, they're setting things up for a Venom movie!
                            I only see that happening if they introduce a villian that practices necromancy. :P

It was decent if your standards are low. They could have severely cut back on some of the earlier movie, and devoted enough screentime to the villians to keep them from seeming shoehorned into the movie.

Comment

It was decent if you have no standards at all. This movie did not earn the six dollars and two hours I spent on it. I'm completely serious when I recommend Army of Darkness as a serious movie over this one. The only bonus is that Mary Jane still looks the same.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X