Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know You're In College When

http://www.theburningbiscuit.com/InCollege.html

9. You think it’s the weekend on a Wednesday and you don’t know what month it is.

25. Quarters are like gold.

39. More than 20% of your household furnishings are made from milk crates.

Re: You Know You're In College When

*38. You pay $100 for a book you don't read once, return it four months later, and get $7.

This is one of the most annoying ones.

Comment

The library is your friend. Before the semester starts ask your teachers what books you will be using or the bookstore usually already has the lists. After you figured out what books you need, go to the library and take out the books you need before anyone else. Doing this early also lets you get interlibrary loan complete before you need the book.

I've also seen roommates go halfsies on books together to save money.

Comment

These three bring back specific memories. I'd do it all again, but am glad I don't have to.

65. Printers break down only when you desperately need them.

79. Candles in your dorm room are considered contraband, but cigarettes are ok.

83. You know what people carrying suspiciously heavy backpacks after dark are doing...
        |TG-9th| Prophaniti

Blood and Honor, The Journal of a 9th MID Soldier

Comment

The dreaded budget dilema , towards the end of the month ? Food or Booze/Party ?
          I want all those who get to know me
          To become admirers or my enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Vuk View Post
            The dreaded budget dilema , towards the end of the month ? Food or Booze/Party ?
            I don't understand, what is the decision here? I don't recognize the difference between the two options...

Comment

High school started before 8am, but now anything before noon is considered "early".
              |TG-3rd| DeathReaper243

Comment

80. You take condiment packets and napkins from fast food restaurants - hey, they're free.
                96. There's always a "question kid" in at least one of your classes, and you really wish someone would just tell him/her to shut the hell up.
                109. You set your clock 5-10 minutes ahead so you can potentially make it to class on time.

So true. So true. Only 2 more weeks of school thank god. I'm one of those who went back to school, so I may not have dorm life, but I can sure relate to being that broke and short on time.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I have an exam on the 10th then another on 30th. After that I'm off until late September.

Being a student isn't all bad.

Comment

*50. You have no idea where your tuition money is going... technology fees? I think not.

if you've played NS with me and you 200+ ping, this is why.

I went to wal-mart and bought a stress ball to help me get rid of the stress I get from trying to play games, which in turn is a way for me to try to reduce stress from homework...
                    "All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies."

Comment

Originally posted by College
                      21. Your trash is overflowing and your bank account isn’t.
                      ROFL. I'm laughing and hurting at the same time. :row__644:

42. You throw out bowls and plates because you don't feel like washing them.
                      OMGosh, I'm seriously hurting my tummy with all of this laughter!

*118. You finish reading this and wonder how you can procrastinate next.
                      ROFLMAO. Literally. :row__642: Simply histerical!
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Inaccurate, but funny.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                          96. There's always a "question kid" in at least one of your classes, and you really wish someone would just tell him/her to shut the hell up.
                          I was that "question kid" (though I was in my mid-twenties). Sorry everybody!

I loved college. It was the best time of my life. Well, being poor all the time sucked but the time spent in classes, lab, homework, TA etc. I miss dearly. The only reason I got out with only a BA was to give my daughter a better life.

But as soon as the kids are out of the house I am going back. Might be almost sixty but I can't wait. Luckily my wife feels the same so there will be, lord willing, two old fogies sitting in class making googly eyes at each other.

And I will still be that "question kid"!
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                            And I will still be that "question kid"!
                            No, you'll be "that strange old man". ;)
                            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Rofl :row__642:
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X