Virus Alert - Team Speak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus Alert - Team Speak

Norton picked this up today as soon as I tried to run TS.
    Jex.

Re: Virus Alert - Team Speak

Originally posted by jex

Norton picked this up today as soon as I tried to run TS.

Thats what kinda stuff you get when dealen with Hookers.... :icon_lol:

Comment

On a serious note.. I don't think that the virus has anything to do directly with Teamspeak. Its just something you contracted along the way that poped up when you opened TS.

Comment

I disabled norton last night whilst playing lock on on Hyper Lobby could this be the source? I have Zone Alarm on all the time and then there's this guy

http://www.flightsimhq.org/hyperlobby/evidence.html

Who seems to have bad things to say about HL. Everyone says he's mad and talking rubbish but now I'm not so sure.

Also as a game officer should we be concerned that my PC has been compromised with regards to login details, etc?
        Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
          I disabled norton last night whilst playing lock on on Hyper Lobby could this be the source? I have Zone Alarm on all the time and then there's this guy

http://www.flightsimhq.org/hyperlobby/evidence.html

Who seems to have bad things to say about HL. Everyone says he's mad and talking rubbish but now I'm not so sure.

Also as a game officer should we be concerned that my PC has been compromised with regards to login details, etc?

McAfee found that same virus for me like 2 days ago on that same file..I have stopped using TS

Comment

two other users over on ubi forums are saying the same thing - same virus when they run teamspeak. Anyone else?
            Jex.

Comment

OK it looks like its a false alarm. weatherman from ubi forums posted this

This is a a false alert from the AV software. You should download a new version of the TS client that does not have the keypress.dll name to avoid confusion.

TS has released a new version with new .dll to keep the paranonia down.

http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/show...t=keypress.dll
              Jex.

Comment

From the Thread in TS forums.
                Originally Posted by DMinorTrip
                My Norton Antivirus software after being updated scanned and found this PWS.Hooker.tojan virus inbedded in the TS software....

it called it keypress.dll

I was just wanting to know if this was Norton being paranoid or an actual virus treat inbedded in the software?

Thanks

R. Ludwig from TeamSpeak Quote:
                all looks like its a false signature file from norton/mcAFFE

but to be 100% safe we released that new package...
                VeneFicus: I have a download dated Jan 9th 2004 that i installed countless times. After Norton AV updated it detected a "virus" Theres no doubt this is a Symantec issue and not a real virus.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                  OK it looks like its a false alarm. weatherman from ubi forums posted this

This is a a false alert from the AV software. You should download a new version of the TS client that does not have the keypress.dll name to avoid confusion.

TS has released a new version with new .dll to keep the paranonia down.

http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/show...t=keypress.dll
                  I was going to post about this last week but I figured I was the only one that didn't know.. LOL

keypress.dll is causing many virus detectors to due strange things. The forums have a zip you can download of just the fixed keypress.dll. There hasn't been a new release without keypress.dll. Incidently, keypress.dll is actually for VOX. I originally just deleted it but it gave me an annoying error everytime I started TS.

Comment

I too just got this Virus warning with Norton when I ran Teamspeak.
                    Same exact warning. Norton picked it up and deleted it.

Comment

Nothing to worry about, kids.

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
                        Nothing to worry about, kids.
                        No kidding.. I have heard people say there not usen Teamspeak because of a virus.. do people not research and understand what things are? Its not someone hacken your dang computer people..Teamspeak is not plotting a computer takeover with a virus... delete it or uninstall it and install the one posted above and move on.. Read about this stuff and understand what is going on...

Comment

yay!~

~KriSpY

Comment

I got this today as well.
                            This link fixes the problem... I know of about 20 other people that have gotten this also, and there using this link as the answer.

Comment

It seems it's a false detection.

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=149056

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X