Doom 3 Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3 Review

PC Gamer mentioned that they have a big suprise for their August issue. Also I heard that PC Gamer UK says they will have a Doom 3 review in next months issue. (BTW can anyone confirm the PC Gamer UK.)
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: Doom 3 Review

It's going to be brown, but with much cooler brown effects.

Er... sorry, had a Quake flashback.

Comment

Doom 3 is going to suck.. its all about pretty graphics..

Comment

I think it may be a good game to play at night with loud headphones. The atmosphere in that game is great. I hope I get a couple of days of enjoyment out of it heh.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Yea I hear you polska. Actaully my local gamestop says the 29th of July but then again they say Duke Nukem Forever is comingo ut this year so i dunno.
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Don't get me wrong: The Doom 3 Engine looks awsome, but that's really what Id is about. Quake really was just a good way to sell other developers on using their engine. That's the way it should be considering the absolute crap-level of Id's game developement team.

No one makes a better engine, but these guys should be barred from making any actual games.

Comment

Not interested in Doom 3. It's just a survival horror FPS as far as I can tell and that doesn't do anything for me. I'm a Half-Life 2 kind of guy.

Quake 4 is being developed by Raven(Jedi Knight II, Soldier of Fortune) with that engine though, and I'm looking forward to that a lot. I play FPS games 99% for the multiplayer, and Doom 3 is going to be a damn fine engine even if the game is uninteresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                ID isnt so bad...let's talk about companies that put out some great games and some absolute crap
                But that's my point, the Quake engines have been easy to use and modify and you see instances of their code in many games. But the Quake series were mediocre at best. I mean seriously, you have millions of colors to work with: and you stick with brown as the basis for everything. The hardest part when playing 1 and 2 was trying to differentiate the brown monsters from the brown background.

Thank God they didn't have colored lighting support. Id would have found a way to make brown light (which probably would have been better than the virtual disco that was Jedi-Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. Wait.... that was a modified Quake engine... we dodged a bullet on that one, Thank God.)

Originally posted by Zek
                Quake 4 is being developed by Raven(Jedi Knight II, Soldier of Fortune) with that engine though, and I'm looking forward to that a lot.
                Don't get me started on Raven. Dear God, I don't think their management even knows the definition of "Playtest." They spent the entire run of JK2 fixing massive game destroying multi-player bugs and the storyline was weak at best and mind numbingly disgusting at worst (the Jan/Kyle kiss cutscene).

Jedi Academy shipped with some of the exact same bugs the JK2 did. Which is funny because I'll bet my pasty rump they based Academy off the JK2 release code rather than 1.04. Oh yea, and once again: the SP campaign (while mildy entertaining) was weak and cliche'.

And some Raven coder must have had a raging hard-on for Darth Maul because the Saber Staff Butterfly special attack is so unbalanced it makes the AWP cry. One hit kill, unblockable, not effectively counterable.

Wow, it's 2 am and I just jacked this thread so fast Winona Rider would be green with envy. I apologize, good night. [/rant]

Comment

Originally posted by Psi_RedEye22
                  Hahha yeah, all you have to do in JA to get kills is take the dual saber-staff, crouch, and attack. Insta-death to anything.
                  That move isn't very effective against veteran saberists. The butterfly is Forward+Jump+Pri Attack. You do all sorts of crazy spins and deal instant death.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X