NBA playoffs have turned into a joke!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA playoffs have turned into a joke!

Ok I am a bit pissed due to the joke of a ruling that Stu Jackson and the hypocrite David Stern has just sent down the pipeline about the S.A Spurs and what Cheapshot Bod (Robert Horry) did to Steve Nash last night.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6814552?MSNHPHMA

Cheapshot Bob gets a 2 game suspension while the Suns Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw each get a 1 game suspension. Essentially the hypocrite has sunk the Suns for this series after clawing their way back in it. The hypocrite has now set a precedence that if you rough up a star player in front of their bench you will probably get at least 1 and maybe 2 players suspended for the next game. Man I hope coach D decides to play goon ball just to shove in D Sterns face!

The hypocrite has also shown his obvious like for Tim Duncan. He comes out on the court during the 2nd quarter during an altercation with James Jones and Fabricio Oberto and he skates off scott free. The hypocrite doesn't want his poster boy NBA player panelized since that is what he wants all NBA players to be is just like Tim Duncan.

Yeah I am pissed and I am biased but it's still a joke either way

end rant
    sigpic

Re: NBA playoffs have turned into a joke!

Just as long as they all let Detroit win, but I agree that it was a cheap shot.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Shot View Post
      Just as long as they all let Detroit win, but I agree that it was a cheap shot.

Lucky Shot
      They just did with suspending Diaw and Stoudemire!
      sigpic

Comment

Horry certainly deserves to be suspended both games, but i really dont think he did it out of malice. Through his career he has been a stand up guy, and i think this incident came from the emotion of how physical the series has been. I can kind of relate to him, as ive taken out players for no particular reason in soccer other than because it was just such a physical game and the testosterone was pumping.

As for Amare's and Diaw's suspensions, they should have known better than to jump off the bench and try to start something. Its in the rule book that they are not allowed to do that. If the NBA changes the rules based on who is involved, the league discredits its own rules. Its a shame, but they have only themselves to blame.

As for the Duncan incident during the second quarter, I cant really comment because i only saw the second half. Id be really surprised if Duncan did anything to warrant a suspension, though. Even most of the Suns players (except for apparently Nash) respect him a great deal. The NBA probably would suspend Duncan if he deserved it, and they even did so at the end of the regular season for something that didnt even deserve a suspension.

Comment

Horry is an adulterous prick. He has been a punk for his whole career. As for the suspensions, I'm fine with them only if Duncan was suspended as well. he came off the bench, jjust like Amare and Boris, and should be sitting out a game.

God, I hate the Spurs and the NBA.
          sigpic

Comment

Horry certainly deserves to be suspended both games, but i really dont think he did it out of malice.
            I don't think he purposefully did it to hurt Nash but I do think this is a clear case of Spurs Coach Popovich making it clear to his players to be overly physical with Steve Nash. The head butt aside as that was purely an accident, Nash has been checked into the scorers table and kneed in the groin.

Through his career he has been a stand up guy, and i think this incident came from the emotion of how physical the series has been.
            He's by no means a stand up guy, remember when he threw a towel in Danny Ange's face on the bench during a game here in PHX? Not very stand up if you ask me.

I can kind of relate to him, as ive taken out players for no particular reason in soccer other than because it was just such a physical game and the testosterone was pumping.
            As for Amare's and Diaw's suspensions, they should have known better than to jump off the bench and try to start something.
            If you can relate to the physical play then why can't you see that it is a natural reaction to defend your star player when an obvious flagrant foul was committed during an emotional and physical game? Put yourself in their shoes and see that your top player is essentially punked right in front of you what would you do?

Its in the rule book that they are not allowed to do that. If the NBA changes the rules based on who is involved, the league discredits its own rules. Its a shame, but they have only themselves to blame.
            The rule isn't the problem it is the way the NBA is governing the rule. They are governing just the rule and not the spirit of what the rule should be intended for. Now if punches were thrown then I would have no problem with the suspensions but just because they took 2-3 steps from the bench in an emotional game I think is ridicules. This rule should be on a situational basis. No further damage was done so why penalized the Suns?

As for the Duncan incident during the second quarter, I cant really comment because i only saw the second half. Id be really surprised if Duncan did anything to warrant a suspension, though. Even most of the Suns players (except for apparently Nash) respect him a great deal. The NBA probably would suspend Duncan if he deserved it, and they even did so at the end of the regular season for something that didnt even deserve a suspension.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y39nRO5keRM

Here is the incident with Duncan coming off the bench in 2 quarter. If there wasn't an incident then why was he on the court. If the league can justify the suspensions for the Suns then Duncan should be suspended also.

As for the Joey Crawford incident don't think Duncan was innocent. He was only ejected from the end of a game. Joey Crawford was suspended for the entire playoffs and may never ref again. Duncan plays this oh poor me type of game but I am not buying it he just knows he has David Stern in his back pocket.
            sigpic

Comment

Well at least nothing can change the fact that Nash is one kick-ass canuck. :D
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

You're all forgetting one thing...

"NBA playoffs have turned into a joke!"

There is no "turned into"... they are just becoming a BIGGER joke!

p.s. yay for 1,000th post! :D

()

Comment

If only Lebron can make his free throws, we'd be blowing everyone out. Oh well...no one else watching the east here?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                    If only Lebron can make his free throws, we'd be blowing everyone out. Oh well...no one else watching the east here?
                    Whats the point? David Stern and Stu Jackson just gave the championship trophy to San Antonio.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                      Not much to watch over in the east. Doubt the Cavs have much of a chance to beat the Pistons. The east playoffs have been horrible not one competitive series yet and don't see much with the east conference finals aither
                      sigpic

Comment

Go Spurs Go!

*hides*

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I didn't know people still watched the NBA..

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I don't really watch, but it's hard to ignore when it's all over the news in the city.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

The NBA has been flirting with becoming the WWF for awhile now. They have to square away the rules and use their heads for once. The Suns did nothing more than the Spurs had done earlier in the game. So even using the letter of the law, I can't see how they justified that.

Oh well doesn't matter I guess. Only boring teams left in the playoffs now anyway. Won't be watching.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X