This sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks

As a couple of you know, my desktop has completely died and decided to be nothing more than a paperweight. I do have a very nice laptop, for a laptop, but it simply doesn't hold a candle to the desktop.

Anyway, this is why I'm never around much: I simply cannot play PR. In fact, I can play everything -except- EA products.

The rundown: Load PR (or 2142, or BF2). Select server. Server loads. Everything's fine. Five seconds into the game I get "There is a problem with your connection" message. Sometimes it goes away almost instantly, other times it lingers on screen for a few seconds. Either way, when it has gone away my guy has lagged about 10 feet from where I need to be and is usually dead by the time my comp catches up to what's going on. A few seconds pass, all is well. Message comes up. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat, until I get fed up and log off.

I will use the word infuriating to describe this here on the forum because the other words I usually use to describe it cannot be mentioned on a public forum such as this. (Consult sticky or anyone unlucky enough to be on Teamspeak or MSN for my usual descriptions of the experience, expect to be offended by what you hear)

So, I'm basically just waiting for some money to become available so I can purchase a Godmachine to play everything I want to play on the settings I want to play them on (even though for PR I'd turn everything down so I could see the bad guys trying to kill me in the grass).

I'm still lingering around like a bad smell, but since I really have no idea what's been happening lately I tend to keep to myself.

Reason for post: Money needed. Send a couple thousand. Kthnxbai.

Re: This sucks

Just claim you're Nigerian royalty needing some random stranger to harbor your riches.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Your suggestion has entranced me.

Comment

I guess you'll have to start playing Counter-Strike: Source then... what a shame.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Ever thought of striking a deal with your parents?

I can't say that I've had much luck getting any money for things other than books, so I can't really offer what to say in front of them. But I thought it might be worth trying for you. :D
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

whats wrong with your destk top... i can probably fix it, or at least get you to fix it without setting it on fire.
            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
            That noob who crashed the chopper.
            That noob who ran over the mine.
            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

The night before it messed up I plugged a flash drive into it and it -immediately- gave me a blue screen. I was on my way to a buddies house so I just turned the comp off and expected it to be better when I got home and restarted it.

I turned it on that morning, the LEDs came on, the harddrive spinned up and the fans worked, but nothing else happened. I did this several times and one of the times it started up normally, told me Windows had been shut down improperly, and then acted fine. I checked everything I could think of but everything said it was working properly. I consulted my buddy who knows more about computers than I and he suggested it may be a video card problem.

That's all I know.

To me it's a welcome excuse to upgrade to a better machine, I'll admit.

Comment

And yeah, I'll be joining folks on CSS or HL2 Deathmatch for a few hours tonight, for sure. I gots to kill some pixelated people.

Comment

System went to hell upon plugging in a USB drive?

Almost sounds like a short which would be on the mobosomewhere and not video.

Give me the specs on your pc so I can see whats worth doing as far as replacement vs troubleshooting.
                  |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                  That noob who crashed the chopper.
                  That noob who ran over the mine.
                  That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                  That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Well. I feel truly stupid. Apparently I just needed to turn Windows Firewall and the Router's firewall off. My laptop works fine with BF2 now, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by secret.squirrul View Post
                      Well. I feel truly stupid. Apparently I just needed to turn Windows Firewall and the Router's firewall off. My laptop works fine with BF2 now, I think.
                      XD WELCOME BACK BUDDEH!

As for computer...

POWAH SUPPLAH: 600W w/ Dual GPU http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...dia_sli_ready_

Video Cardd: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS

RAMAGE: 2x 1GB DDR2 www.patriotmem.com/

FatherBoARD: Gigabyte 965P-DQ6

CPUAGE: Its nice, I know that much, its a dual core intel chip...2.4ghz (each side XD) (and a nice fan for this)

It runs GREAT. (I have this)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X