Halo 3 or Crysis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halo 3 or Crysis?

What will be the bigger blockbuster: Halo 3 or Crysis?

Seen this here
    http://www.twitchguru.com/fringedrin...or_crysis.html

What do you think?
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: Halo 3 or Crysis?

Obviously Halo 3. The number of people who own an Xbox 360 compared to people who have Vista and dx10 hardware (I know it can run in dx9 mode, but what's the point?) is hughly in favour of the 360. Halo already has a fanbase of practically every 360 owner, where most people have not even heard of Crysis (the console crowd at least).

Comment

Zoopy nailed it. I think Halo 3 will sell more and be more "popular", but personally I think the entire Halo series is VERY over-rated and not worth the attention it's already gotten.

Crysis will be a far better game though. I'm quite sure about that.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I always thought halo was pretty lackluster and boring compared to many things the PC offers. It's like an FPS for dummies. It'll sell more copies simply because of the many people owning the console and the extreme over-hyped press it will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
          Zoopy nailed it. I think Halo 3 will sell more and be more "popular", but personally I think the entire Halo series is VERY over-rated and not worth the attention it's already gotten.

Crysis will be a far better game though. I'm quite sure about that.
          Agreed on all points. The only reason Halo got so much praise is because it was being played by a huge number of people who had never seen all of the great games which came before it on various other platforms. I mean I would rank Goldeneye and Perfect Dark above it, and they were on a previous generation of console. And then there are all of the PC games, like Half-Life to consider.

Halo did introduce the unwashed masses to the concept of connecting online and bouncing around like lobotomized kangaroos. And unfortunately, the number of people who enjoy that activity is much higher than we would like to believe.

Crysis will undoubtably be better than Halo 3. Given the start and the direction of the Halo franchise, I would say it would be hard not to be better.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I have to agree with you.

Personally i never understood the buzz about halo! but thats my opinion.
            Crysis will be much better game by far, but what will make it even better is upon the multiplayer game.

No matter, how good is a game (single player) people tends to return in the multiplayer games. People prefer interaction and competition, something that AI doesn't give alot yet. Far Cry...was an excellent game, great graphics. But the luck of quality multiplayer, went down the hill really quick.!
            So the question is Crysis vs other tactical FPS games that coming out, maybe not as polished as Crysis, but good multiplayer experiences.

Comment

Got to disagree with some of you there. to make but a few points

yes i know the halo series is far from perfect, and frankly it handles like crap on the controllers, but theres also no denying it was far better then all previous generation games, for example the two n64 games that were mentioned.

As far as crysis is concearned, the two games are too different in some respects to compare, although halo will definelty outsell it, and probably every other game on the market in some time.
              I personally have not heard anything about crysis that would make me at all excited about it, where as halo has done.
              Frankly a lot of pc games dissapoint, not battlefield or the up and coming spore for example, but i thought half life was way too over rated, along with counter strike.

Halo has a solid storyline which keeps people interested, but still entices new audiences.

Wheres crysis come from, its unheard of and wont get much attention compared.

And i have to say the game (crysis) wont be better.:D

These are my narrow minded opinions, dont take it personally or try to argue. i understand what other people will think and thats their opinion :D and im not into arguing about it.

Comment

Both will be great games for different reasons and different systems. Hard to really compare the two.

I don't know fellas, the Halo series games are pretty darn good in both single and multiplayer.

Turn your noses up at Xbox Live all you want but it's match making, navigation, interface and ease of use blows away anything found on PC's. And I'm pro PC!
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                  Turn your noses up at Xbox Live all you want but it's match making, navigation, interface and ease of use blows away anything found on PC's. And I'm pro PC!
                  Scanned back through the thread and didn't find anyone turning up their nose at Xbox Live. Did you read something I can't see?

Xbox Live is definitely the best thing in consoles. I wouldn't venture into a random game of Halo, but if you have some friends you want to play with online, it is great.

Comment

Man, after seeing how slick the menu's are going to be in Halo3. Just the menu's/ and ease of access is unbelievable. No game can match Halo2, and Halo3's matchmaking/ and playlist features, Halo3 now has a "battlerecorder" type thing, where you and your party can view past games saved. Its awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                      Scanned back through the thread and didn't find anyone turning up their nose at Xbox Live. Did you read something I can't see?

Xbox Live is definitely the best thing in consoles. I wouldn't venture into a random game of Halo, but if you have some friends you want to play with online, it is great.
                      Actually, it was you:

"Halo did introduce the unwashed masses to the concept of connecting online and bouncing around like lobotomized kangaroos. And unfortunately, the number of people who enjoy that activity is much higher than we would like to believe."

That's how it came across to me. If you did not mean to slander Xbox Live then I stand corrected.
                      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                      "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                      - Check me out on The Onion
                      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Halo i agree is overated. Its a great game i think, story wise. But once you get into multiplayer its the worst community ever. Also people think this game is the best when theres clearly plenty of others better (technical wise).

I Think Halo will win because of how many 10 yr olds can get their parents to buy them this. and let me tell you how many want it.

Crysis i think will overall be the better game however. MUCH BETTER graphics and techs.
                        |TG-Irr|TanithGhost
                        100 pixels height is too small people.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooo :D...

Well neway, slightly off topic but i hope you dont mind, wont make a habit of it..

Battlefield beats halo and halflife and crysis hands down:D LEGENDARY i tell you

but halo 3 is awesome, the betas bloody good, and its only a beta with over 7/8ths of the content not even acessable yet!...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                            That's how it came across to me. If you did not mean to slander Xbox Live then I stand corrected.
                            You are corrected. That was a specific description of Halo on Xbox Live, and not a criticism of Live itself. It is as expected.

Comment

Personally I liked the first Halo game a lot, and I really got into it. I enjoyed the second installment as well, but not as much as the first game.
                              To me, Halo 3 looks like a rehash of Halo 2, with slightly better graphics and some new multiplayer maps. I'm honestly not excited at all for it. Sure, if someone wants to play it with me I will play, but I am not going to buy a 360 just to play Halo 3.
                              "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X