Played it till my fingers bled...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played it till my fingers bled...

Bought myself this over the weekend. It's a Fender DS 14SCE Semi Acoustic, steel string guitar and my fingers are in agony!

I had a guitar about 2 years ago but only played it for about 6 months. Getting this it's amazing what I remember. I can play E,A,D & G cords and a few others (but not sure what they are) I remember. Still I need to toughen up my fingers - steel strings hurt. :icon24:

Anyone else here play?
    Jex.

Re: Played it till my fingers bled...

Ive been playing the bass guitar for maybe 4 or 5 years now. Was in a band, did some shows around baltimore and DC, put a CD out. Had fun while it lasted :)

Comment

Originally posted by jex

Bought myself this over the weekend. It's a Fender DS 14SCE Semi Acoustic, steel string guitar and my fingers are in agony!

I had a guitar about 2 years ago but only played it for about 6 months. Getting this it's amazing what I remember. I can play E,A,D & G cords and a few others (but not sure what they are) I remember. Still I need to toughen up my fingers - steel strings hurt. :icon24:

Anyone else here play?

I played my guitar for 36 hours stright once..Talk about bleeding... Trust me...Bandaids dont work!

Comment

My brother back at home has his Custom B.C. Rich Bronze Warlock electric Guitar, but yours is nice too. I never was the best acostic player though (even though I love it's sounds).
        If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
        -Murphy

Comment

LOL

I almost thought you were talking about Joint Ops but then I remembered two things: this isn't the JO forum and it's not out in the UK. :D

I don't know anything about guitars but I do recognize the Fender name. That's some cool stuff.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Oh good a guitarist! There aren't enough of them around these days. :)

<----- Drummer. ;)
            [volun]

Comment

<----- Drummer II :icon20:

Comment

hey jex i know of a product that plays the chords for you... all you have to do is angle it right and move it in the right direction... you play like a pro... and alot of country artists use it... ill see if i can find the website i got it on.....

no more bleeding for anyone

and no hard crust fingers

thats what made me stop playing... i hate the hard crusty skin you get on the tops of your fingres

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I got my guitar about 2 months ago as a gift, can play quite a few chords but I don't know their names =P

Maybe I'll post a picture whenever I find my camera =)

Comment

Ok little tech tip since if played in a few bands and in a GNR cover band for over five years. Keep playing and that will toughin up your fingers but a little trick get a Crazy glue with a brush and cote your tips in it let it dry and wahla an instaint over skin. Alot of pros do this for playing night after night on tour saves your fingers. And yes it will peel off eventyly.....

And Jex Nice guitar Fenders have great action. One thing you might try is changing to a smaller Gauge string. Stock strings on a new guitar are pretty thik I always had to change mine. a Good string is a Dean Markley Lite or a medium Acoustic. If you can't find them in England let me know I'll get ya a set......

Comment

I suggest that you go to competions in your town or places near you if you think you are good. Good rewards come from it.
                      -Murphy

Comment

I've been playing for a couple years now. I have a SeaGull made in Canada. Just put some new strings on today and had the action lowered. It wasn't bad before but usually a stock guitar can be tweaked by a pro to make playing easier. Basically the concept is lowering the strings closer to the neck so you don't have to press so hard to make your chord.

Mebbe I'll get a pic of my some day too.

Hang in there..no substitue for just playing and play with others iron sharpens iron concept.

Regards

Comment

I think I will play a little when I get home.
                          -Murphy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X