Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson

Whose watching the fight Saturday night?

Predications?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Chuck Liddell vs. Rampage Jackson

Nothing could stop me from watching that one.

Rampage is always hard to predict. You never know if he's going to show up with or without his heart. Regardless, he hasn't improved and Liddell has, so I'm gonna pick Chuck to KO him with wild flailing punches.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

MY boy CHUCK is gona get him this time,,, REVENGE is a strong motivator

Comment

Chuck is on a roll!!!!!!

Comment

I love both fighters, think Chuck will win, but would like Rampage to win. I love watching him slam people.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Polska View Post
            I love both fighters, think Chuck will win, but would like Rampage to win. I love watching him slam people.
            I enjoyed the slams, but they scare me. Odds are too high that if slams like that continue to happen, someone is going to end up paralyzed or dead. I have no problem with broken arms, but broken necks will destroy the sport.

And I also would like Rampage to win.

Comment

im voting for chuck all the way!

Comment

I won't get to watch it because I will be at a wedding :(. I am going with Chuck though

Comment

Already have the popcorn and can't wait for the fight!!! Chuck is motivated by the fact that this is the last person he has to revenge a loss against. He punished the last two, curious how this one will be..
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

As always, I'll be watching UFC at home on PPV. My money's on Chuck.

Comment

I have to go with Rampage on this one. The man is an animal, and after the last beating he got, I think Chuck is nervous as hell. He has a big image to live up to, but I don't think Jackson has any of those doubts in himself.

I do think Chuck's a strong enough fighter to keep Jackson out of his face for a while though, and I think it could be a boring fight, with lots of slow stand-up at the start. It depends on how "flashy" Jackson wants to be, certainly Lidell isn't known for his shownmanship...

I can't watch it, we don't get it boadcast in the UK live, but I'll see it as soon as I can. Despite my comments, I'm really looking forward to this one!
                      7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
                      And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
                      - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

Originally posted by 7ShadesOSin View Post
                        I have to go with Rampage on this one. The man is an animal, and after the last beating he got, I think Chuck is nervous as hell. He has a big image to live up to, but I don't think Jackson has any of those doubts in himself.
                        Who is Rampage? Some guy who happened to beat Liddell.

Jeremy Horn and Randy Couture are two insanely talented and long-time MMA fighters that Chuck came back from a loss on and ended them both. He even bothered to end Randy twice. Of course, then Couture jumped up a weight class and dominated Tim, but hey: the guy's a stud.

Chuck's loss to Jackson was almost 10 fights ago. Since that time he has dominated his weight class, avenged two losses from two flat-out better fighters than Jackson. Chuck hasn't been sitting around, beating down any rookies. His fights are generally up against veterans (which is understandable when you consider he's the title holder).

Can Jackson knock out Chuck? Sure, he's got the power and he's damn good fighter. But it's going to be an upset as I've seen Liddell's progression since that loss. I saw the Jackon/Liddell fight. Chuck was different than he normally was. I don't know if he was intimidated or just gun shy after his loss to Couture.

But I will tell you this: if Chuck wasn't intimidated taking on a UFC hall-of-famer twice and a guy with a record like Horn's after devastating losses to both of them: Rampage is not going to have a chance at scaring him.

Anyways, forget Jackson. I want White to give Rashad Evans his shot at the title so Chuck can make him 15 and 1.

Comment

PRIDE ftw =)
                          |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                            Who is Rampage? Some guy who happened to beat Liddell.
                            Twice. ;)

Comment

Man, on the replays you can see the lights go off in Liddell's eyes. They're open but no one is home.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X