Important Announcement about Tactical Gamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement about Tactical Gamer

Network 42, for a number of reasons, is closing its doors. I want to thank Lt. Bob and Total for their hard work and efforts they have put in up to this point, and to assure you that Tactical Gamer remains a vital community that will continue to grow.

We are taking steps to make Tactical Gamer financially strong at its current size and to ensure that core services continue while Network 42 shuts down and Tactical Gamer reorganizes. Some of the changes that will take place over the next couple of weeks include

• Tactical Gamer’s web site and forums will move to an external data center

• The forums are being redesigned to cover a streamlined selection of support for games, reducing bandwidth requirements

• The current billing system will have to be replaced, and for the time being a Paypal system may have to suffice. Members wishing to join the new Tactical Gamer community must do so voluntarily, we can not transfer your current subscriptions.

• Some game servers that are not justified by the members’ use may be mothballed.

• Tactical Gamer will continue to offer high speed servers running the games that members want to play, however not all of our current games may be up all of the time. Some games will be put into a "rotation" on designated servers.

The average member should remain largely unaffected by these changes in corporate and technological infrastructure.

Each and every one of you who have supported us in the past with your subscriptions, volunteer spirit, attitude, and sense of community have built Tactical Gamer. We will continue to build Tactical Gamer. That has not changed.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Important Announcement about Tactical Gamer

* raises glass *

Here's to change. :) The vision and design of TG are sound and have my support, even if it means we restructure a bit. The members here are reasonable people who value this place and what it brings to their online gaming experience. I won't speak for anyone else, but I do suspect people here are prepared to ride out whatever changes are coming. I see Tactical Gamer as changing so that it can continue to support the games and servers that the member base wants to play.

That's how Tactical Gamer started, and it sounds like that's how Tactical Gamer is going to continue.

Best of luck moving forward. Let us know how we can help.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Best of luck to you!

Comment

Tactical Gamer is my sole gaming existence. Change ? Change is inevitable. We just have to adjust, and you'll have my support. I don't think it'll be much of a ride, I see smooth sailing on the horizon...the weatherman says so ;)

Cheers Bro !!

Comment

Cheers!

Best of luck with the transition, and as always, feel free to let us know when we can help.

sorry to see N42 go, but it sounds like you've thought it thru.

Comment

Damn.

Well, you cant get rid of us that easilly :) Good luck to ya Paul and crew, I can say for myself that I will be right here till you close the doors for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              * raises glass *

Here's to change. :) The vision and design of TG are sound and have my support, even if it means we restructure a bit. The members here are reasonable people who value this place and what it brings to their online gaming experience. I won't speak for anyone else, but I do suspect people here are prepared to ride out whatever changes are coming. I see Tactical Gamer as changing so that it can continue to support the games and servers that the member base wants to play.

That's how Tactical Gamer started, and it sounds like that's how Tactical Gamer is going to continue.

Best of luck moving forward. Let us know how we can help.
              Well said!

You have my support as well. I think it is a tribute to your dedication to TG that you are willing to work hard to create the best possible scenario for TG and its members. Keep up the great work and please let us know if we can help.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                I see Tactical Gamer as changing so that it can continue to support the games and servers that the member base wants to play.

Yep, and I'm in for the long haul... It wouldn't surprise me if all of the regulars here continue to donate to TG...

Semper Gumby, right?
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Just so I have my facts stright, may I ask the difference between TG and N42? Thx :)

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
                    Just so I have my facts stright, may I ask the difference between TG and N42? Thx :)
                    Network 42 is the company that provided services to Tactical Gamer.

Tactical Gamer is the community.

Comment

Oh ok. Thank you Apophis :)

Comment

Hey where else can an old man get a fair shake.... :icon19: I'm here and with ya all..... :icon14:
                        I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

The New Revolution

For me, Tactical Gamer has been a video-gaming nirvana. I log on 100's of times a day to see what my friends here think about current games and world events. Together we have shared laughter (I've had to clean food and beverage spittle off my keyboard on more than one occasion) and sadness...

I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent that I have the pleasure of interacting with. No where else would ever be the same.

I thank you Paul, for letting this dream continue with all of your tireless efforts to save TG.

I will be here for TG's next phase, and hope to see all of you there as well...

In position and awaiting orders sir!

Comment

It's really great to see all the support for the future of Tactical Gamer.

Total, LT_Bob and I have spent enormous amounts of time and resources trying to build Network 42. Unfortunately it's been a very difficult process. But because of the very support shown in this thread, I know that Tactical Gamer can continue even after Network 42 passes. Hey, it existed for years before N42, and with the support of the Tactical Gamer community it will exist for years after.

Stay tuned for more information! But keep those support posts coming, I'm sure it will go a long way to let the Network 42 partners know all the effort wasn't for nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                              Yep, and I'm in for the long haul... It wouldn't surprise me if all of the regulars here continue to donate to TG...

Semper Gumby, right?
                              Well I'm going to be a donating member just as soon as the donation system gets set up... and I get paid.... and set up a pay pal account...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X