What is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

Go ahead and laugh. But I don't know what this +rep is I see some follks saying to other posters.
    Also I am not up/with alot of slang/terms for the different games out there, so what is tea bagging?
    Thanks.
    {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Re: What is this?

Saying "+rep" means you've replicated the targeted post on another forum, out of context, for the amusement of that forums readers.

+rep

There, now some noobs elsewhere in the internet will "go ahead and laugh."

Tea bagging is a game of comradery often seen in juvenile dormatories. The target to be "tea bagged" is attacked while sleeping, bound and rapped in their blanket, drug out to the nearest adequate body of water, and dipped in repeatedly until their essence escapes to flavour and colourise the water.

Comment

Sgt. Fetterman, don't listen to MagnaCentipede. He's lying. You can see what "rep" ("reputation") is by going to your User CP if you've received any on your posts. There's a little red check mark under everyone's avatar on each post. Click on it, and you can either approve or disapprove, and leave a message explaining yourself. The person whose post you (dis)approved of will see your message in their User CP.

Teabagging is a whole different story; I first saw it in Halo. When you kill someone and feel really proud of it and lack a significant amount of maturity, you stand over their head and crouch and stand up repeatedly. You can fill in the rest of the implications yourself.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
        Go ahead and laugh. But I don't know what this +rep is I see some follks saying to other posters.
        Also I am not up/with alot of slang/terms for the different games out there, so what is tea bagging?
        Thanks.
        While Magna's definitions may fit outside of TG, here are what they SHOULD mean:

+rep: the poster has given the referenced person positive reputation for the post they have made. This can be done using the bottom left buttons on the user's post.

Tea Bagging: in reference to a game, it is when you stand over a dead opponents body in game and crouch. This simulates putting you crotch in their face (you can see this in most game as the camera stays with you for a bit while you respawn).

This practice is generally frowned upon at TG. Or at least it is in any game I've played.

Comment

"I first saw it in Halo."

Aw, such a young'un. Corpse humping has been a tradition since at least UT, and probably earlier than that. As for maturity, I don't much mind the corpse hump, but I find the shoot-the-corpse-with-a-full-magazine maneuver rather annoying. Unless it's done to the time of a well-known musical theme. Most frequently, I'll kill someone with either the "Shave and a Haircut (Two Bits)" or the "Daily Double" sound cue. It's worth the effort to time the shots correctly on the rare chance that someone will actually recognise the timing and make a funny comment.

Comment

Oh god! I done that teabagging thing before, and a couple times here when I first started playing back in feb. Over at the last place where I used to play regular BF2, it was normal for the clans to do this all the time. I did it to go along and thought nothing of it, they said it was common in BF2 after a kill.
            I am so sorry for doing that here. I did not know it was so bad, I am so ashamed of myself. I don't deserve to wear the TG tags. I will remove them right away.
            {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

↑ lol
              I wish I could +rep you again.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt fetterman View Post
                so what is tea bagging?
                As explained a few months ago on CAD:
                *NSFW: Language*
                http://cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20060825
                Last edited by CingularDuality; 06-01-2007, 04:02 AM.
                former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Fenix and Ednos has it defined correctly.

When we say +rep, it means we are adding to the reputation (or reputability) of the person.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Oh CAD. Always there for the gamers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed