Only real gamers would...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only real gamers would...

I have finally decided what frustrates me the most about this game, however. It's the fact that I have to wait until after dark to play it. I try to play it during the day, and it's absolutely impossible. The entire game is nothing but shadows, but I play during the day, and with the screen glare, all I'm seeing is myself, staring back at me from the reflection in the monitor.

Today during lunch I must have been quite a sight to behold, sitting at my desk, with a heavy blanket draped over myself and the monitor, so that I could get my Thief 3 fix without waiting until sundown. I just can't darken my apartment enough. Curses.
    Yes I too have been guilty of the blanket-over-the-monitor trick. I've also shoved roll mats (the sleeping mats for camping) up my windows in order to get things dark.

Only a true gamer would sink to these depths :)
    Last edited by jex; 06-22-2004, 09:05 AM.
    Jex.

Re: Only real gamers would...

SEEK HELP at once!!! :icon12:
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

-

Comment

That's funny because while I was at my parents' I did just this so I could play Thief 3 properly during the day. What's worse is that wasn't the first time I've done it for a game!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

quilty as charged, curtains over all the windows all the lights off in the house, still not dark enough damn curtains are letting in light while i am playing. so now i have my bed over my office, and when i play during the day the top of me is completely covered, there is a cover over any window that seeps theough behind me and i hang a thinck black quilt flaw to celing that blocks out all light.

its wanderful the only light i get is the light from the monitor... i have even took the button off the monitor and smahed the little led that tells me its on.... and put black masking tape over the power and hard drive lights on my system....

oh dear this sounds worse than the original...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

[email protected]

That CAD guy is hilarious...

And the game.. thief 3, is insanely dark.

Try the demo sometime... right when you start it has you adjust brightness/contrast so that you can bare;y see your character in the shadows...

Comment

I did that, but not because of the level of darkness, but because I was on a computer where the speakers were built into the monitor and the house was full of people I diddnt wanna wake up... well I guess the brightness too

I made sure when I moved I got room darkening blinds for my (6) windows two out of four walls in my cube of a bedroom are glass... and just to be nice, my mom put in a glass door as well. My bedroom is often refered to as an aquarium. Anyhow, these room darkening blinds are great... except one problem... those little dots of light that get through where the holes are... Its like 40 lasers pointing at my screen... thats the worst..

Vile sun, go away! I, Like Garret, must live in the shadows.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

guilty of the cover and moniter/tv too :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse