Controls for IL2 Forgotten Battles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controls for IL2 Forgotten Battles

Hello all - I am new to IL2 Forgotten Battles. I have been flying Flight Simulator 2004 and am very used to the controls, especially with my Logitech Freedom Cordless Joystick. Basically, can someone please advise me of the best set-up for the controls of IL2 Forgotten Battles. Is it best played using the keyboard and mouse only? When I attempt to use the joystick, I do not get the fluid movement that I am used to. I know I must re-think my approach to the controls of this simulation. I look forward to you experienced Sturmovik pilots comments.

Re: Controls for IL2 Forgotten Battles

Hi Woodmouse, Welcome to TG :)

We have an IL2 forum here that you're welcome to post in (and lock-on, if you have that).

First off definitely a joystick. The mouse will work as a cockpit view allowing you greater SA (situational awareness). IL2 is a different game and each aircraft has different handling characteristics. The physics engine that IL2 on is going to be different than FS.

When you talk about fluid movement - do you mean you get jerky movement?

When I get home I'll take a look at the options and see what can be tweaked. Can you post your system specs? Ram, Processor, Gr/Card and Operating System (win xx)
    Jex.

Comment

Thank you for that information, especially the using of my Joystick and not the mouse/keyboard. I have a ASUS A7V8X-X SKT Motherboard, a 1.5Ghz Processor, 1Gb Ram, a Sapphire Radeon 9600Pro 128Mb Graphics Card and now using the Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Flightstick. Am I suppose to play the simulation from within the cockpit most of the time? It is when I view the aircraft from 'Spot View' that the joystick does not show a 'fluid' movement when operating the 'high hat', despite the F9 toggle. I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Comment

The game is designed to be played 'within' the cockpit. You can turn the cockpit off - I don't remember the key for it but it basically get's rid of the cockpit and sticks a few dials down in the corners of the screen. Of course you don't get as much realism/immersion this way but it does make the game a little easier to play with.
        Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X